SUMMARY: Ensure consistent management of all proposals and contracts. This generally includes oversight of the contract management process, as well as development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations, and document management. Also, studies pricing to determine the best target prices for the company and applies pricing strategies to optimize sale and profit margins for AirBorn. Lead contract negotiations for a complete contracting transaction.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the preparation and construction of professional proposals for submission to customers.
- Oversee organizational contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
- Lead TINA compliance, including coordination with finance, discussions with customer, coordination of TINA cost packages.
- Prepare commercial item determination documentation for submission to customer.
- Develop standards for contracts, including general language and provisions.
- With legal, draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, senior management input, and organizational needs and expectations. Ensure appropriate business clauses are drafted for specific business needs.
- Minimize contract exposure.
- Timely support customer need dates and information requests in the proposal process.
- Coordinate proposal requirements with all necessary functions, including disseminating key proposal information, seeking feedback and ensuring necessary parties are notified of contract requirements for implementation.
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments.
- Serve as primary organizational contact during contract negotiations.
- Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements and contract standards.
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about contractual issues.
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
- Support functional strategy for long term agreements, including maintaining plan for renewals in advance of expiration when necessary.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to forge and maintain key customer relationships.
- Support activities inclusive of cost estimates, new price generation, and discrepancy resolution.
- Lead long term agreement transactions with customers in effort to minimize overall contract administration and enhance customer relations. Will require related pricing activities, statement of work review and modification, and negotiation of applicable terms and conditions.
- Key focal for FAR, DFARS and other regulatory reviews and approvals.
- Completion of a Bachelors degree from a four year college or university in business, management, or related field preferred. (In some cases, an advanced degree may be desirable.); or equivalent work experience.
- Ten years of experience; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in a contract role, such as proposals, purchasing or contracting. Understanding of regulatory processes a plus.
- Experience in applying organizational standards when developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting contracts.
- Strong verbal and written skills and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
- Ability to work independently, but communication and collaboration with other departments is important.
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information in mathematical or diagram form and deal with both abstract and concrete variables.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, and controls, and reach with arms and hands. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and travel is limited to less than 30%. Employer may consider telecommuting opportunity with some travel.
AirBorn, Inc. is an EOE/Disability/Veteran employer.
ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines U.S. Person as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., person admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in the U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully admitted for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) (for special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. 1255(a)(1) (an amnesty program).