Air Systems Engineering, Inc., is currently seeking a reliable and experienced Construction Technician who has the desire and flexibility to work at least 40 hours per week. The right individual must be a team player who works and communicates well with people at all levels while maintaining full ownership of assigned responsibilities.
This position requires an individual that has a wide range of construction skills; such as installation of commercial HVAC equipment, sheet metal ducting, gas and refrigerant piping, and installation of electrical control wiring. While this wide range of experience is required, our construction team utilizes each employee's strengths to ensure work is completed efficiently and to a high standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required of a Commercial Construction Technician.
We are proud to offer our employees:
- Competitive hourly wages, with weekly pay
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage with generous company contribution for employee AND Dependents
- $60,000 of employer provided life insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Reimbursement for state required licensing and CEU’s
- Yearly tool reimbursement
- Company vehicle for some positions
- Company cell phone
- iPad provided for electronic paperwork
- Represent the Company and yourself in a positive manner by maintaining a clean and neat appearance.
- Be professional and courteous to internal and external customers.
- Effectively co-ordinate with different trades, general contractors and shop personnel.
- Read and understand drawings, control and electrical diagrams.
- Install control wiring, refrigeration, gas and hydronic piping per applicable building and electrical codes, maintaining a high quality of your installations.
- Ability to read and apply manufacturers’ installation instructions and install equipment and materials per specifications.
- Ensure materials are recorded on stock transfer sheets.
- Coordinate with production office and shop on material delivery dates.
- Ability to do equipment check, test, start and effectively trouble shoot equipment problems.
- Demonstrate ability to develop a visual and practical job layout and work plan.
- Develop knowledge of electrical and applicable building codes.
- Develop knowledge in HVAC direct digital controls.
- Demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Actively pursue additional training on any equipment or controls as needed or required through self-study, corporate training, workshops, in-house or manufacturer classes.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and drive.
- Assist in developing and improving co-worker’s installation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively on a team and individually.
- Comply with and help to enforce compliance of policies and procedures, as outlined by company and management, to ensure an efficient, productive, and safe working atmosphere.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all ASEI safety policies and procedures.
- Performs all work in a safe manner.
- Drives ASEI vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Identifies and documents all site hazards.
- Uses proper forms to document fall protection work plans and job site hazard analysis.
- Communicates all risks that need attention to the Service Supervisor or Safety Representative.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 4-5 years mid-level or journey-level experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License (required).
- 06A Electrical license or active trainee card with ability to obtain 06A license within 90 days (required).
- Valid Scissor/boom lift certification (preferred)
- Gas piping license (preferred)
- Refrigeration license (Preferred)
- OSHA 10, Fall Protection, CPR/First Aid, asbestos awareness, heat related illness and lead awareness training (preferred, but also provided)
Air Systems Engineering, Inc., is a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer. Drug screening is conducted pre-hire and at random during employment. In addition, pre-hire criminal background and Motor Vehicle Record checks are also required.