Req No.: 27566BR
Job Description and Qualifications: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an opening for a Site Supervisor responsible for our Mandan, North Dakota on-site plant. This position will also support other activities in the region including customer stations and plant support in the Twin Cities.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for all phases of operation for this onsite Nitrogen Generator servicing the petroleum industry in Mandan, ND. This role will require the candidate to understand all aspects of the sites' responsibilities including safe execution of plant operation and plant maintenance, process and operational troubleshooting, customer interface and communications with a specific focus on leadership and operating skills for this facility.
This site is operated and maintained by one person and qualified local contractors as needed.
The successful candidate for this position will be trained by seasoned operations technicians and process engineers. This plant has complete remote operational access including remote troubleshooting and remote operations and restart capabilities. The Site Supervisor must be self-motivated, safety conscious, a good communicator and possess good organization, operating and mechanical aptitude, leaning toward instrumentation and electrical skills, coupled with wrenching-n-fitting abilities.
Key responsibilities for this position included:
- Commitment to safety including Basic Safety Performance (BSP) compliance and process safety management.
- A strong commitment to Environmental awareness and management, including reporting and compliance as required by the North Dakota Department of Ecology.
- Promotion and support of customer relations through effective communications and interfacing with customers operations team.
- Completion of all administrative responsibilities for this site.
- Support all aspects of the day-to-day operation, including:
- Safe execution of day-to-day operating and maintenance activities.
- Troubleshooting plant process or mechanical problems, coordinating maintenance activities, driving plant efficiency and plant projects.
- 24/7 on-call responsibilities for response to plant alarms and shutdowns.
- Identifying maintenance concerns, developing and implementing corrective/preventive measures while working within planned maintenance budgets.
- Working and communicating regularly and effectively with the North America Operating Service Center (OSC), asset manager, regional maintenance manager, tech support team and line manager.
- The successful candidate will need to have a pick-up truck in order to be able to pick up parts / supplies.
This Plant will be incorporated into the Air Products Corporate call center, also known as "the OSC" in Pasadena, Texas. Will take all first calls.
Candidates for this position will be evaluated on the following:
- A proven track record of success in EH&S and Quality with examples of when and/or where these types of actions has been demonstrated.
- A self-starter with proven leadership abilities.
- Self-led and highly motivated to plan and ensure the completed execution of all tasks required by our safety, environmental, maintenance and engineering standards.
- Experience with operations in the field of air separation, fractional distillation processes.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are a plus to be successful in this position.
- Ability to work well independently with equal ability to work very effectively as a team.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of relevant experience
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Job Title: SITE SUPERVISOR
Employment Type: North America - Exempt
Employment Status: Full Time
Type of Relocation Benefits Provided: None
Country: United States
Region: North America
Organization: Global Industrial Gases
Business Sector / Division: Industrial Gases Americas