Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
UTILITY SYSTEMS REPAIRER-OPERATOR =================================
##### Department of the Air Force
Air Mobility Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
06/17/2019 to 06/24/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$63,236 to $73,671 per year
$30.30 to $35.30 Per Hour
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
FEW vacancies in the following location:
Travis AFB, CA
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view **Eligibilities** being considered and other **IMPORTANT** information.
The primary purpose of this position is to operate, maintain, and troubleshoots the base water and waste water systems; maintain and monitor water level in reservoirs, elevated, and ground storage tanks, operates and maintains swimming pools; operate, inspect, and maintain the base sewage system; add fluoride and chlorine to the water supply; test for water quality.
Learn more about this agency
- Starts, operates adjusts, and stops well pumps, booster station pumps, high pressure chemical feed pumps for fluoride, chlorine feeders. - Plans and lays out installation, repair, and/or modification of a variety of complex equipment and systems. - Troubleshoots vertical deep, well turbine pumps and motors, centrifugal pumps, diaphragm pumps, pump controls, high pressure chemical feeders, sewage lift station pumps, and control systems, - Monitors end tests the operation of pumping equipment for water and sewage systems, such as automatic controls, valves, pumps, and related components. - Performs essential electrical work incidental to the maintenance and operations of Utility Systems. - Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work environment
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
4742 Utility Systems Repairing-Operating
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required - Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov - This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program - Disclosure of Political Appointments - The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. As appropriate, valid driver's license may be required for the position. - Use of a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) may be required. - Must obtain and maintain Treatment 2 and Distribution 3 certifications through the California Department of Health Services. Incumbent must obtained certifications with 2 years of assignment of these duties. - May be required to obtain an American Water Works Association (A WW A) certification for Backflow testing. - Incumbent may be required to train and/or guide lower graded personnel, military and civilian. - Position requires the ability to discern colors, contrast, and depth. - Recall to duty may be a requirement of this position. - The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include shift work, emergency overtime, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays. - This is a drug testing designated position. The Incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
**QUALIFICATIONS:** Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-4700 General Maintenance and Operation Work Group. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The screen out element for this position is ability to do the work of a UTILITY SYSTEMS REPAIRER-OPERATOR without more than normal supervisor.
Physical Effort: Considerable walking and standing on concrete floors; climbing ladders; bending; working in strained positions; entering and working in confined spaces; moderate to heavy lifting and pulling.
Working Conditions: Works inside and outside, exposed to prevailing weather conditions, disagreeable odors, high noise levels, dirt, grease, and sewage. Exposure to hazards from explosion, exposure to open tanks, manholes, and valve faults. Subject to cuts and bruises when working around machinery. Works around heavy equipment such as backhoes, loaders, cranes and excavators. May be required to wear safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, and hard hats, and other personal protective equipment.
**JOB ELEMENTS:** Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of technical practices in order to perform various operational repairs and preventive maintenance on water pumping equipment, water distribution systems, and sewer collection systems; adding chemicals to water for fluoridation and chlorination; proper test procedures and techniques for gathering samples. 2. Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures regulations, procedures, and policies related to records maintenance and documentation. 3. Knowledge of electrical equipment, i.e., test lamp, voltage testers, ammeters, and continuity testers. 4. Knowledge of technical practices in order to plan, layout, install, modify, troubleshoot, and repair various systems and equipment related to water and wastewater 5. Skill in troubleshooting complex problems through application of prescribed test procedures and equipment. 6. Skill in operating computers as related to water and sewer systems. 7. Skill to safely operate and maintain hand and power tools and equipment. 8. Ability to interpret diagrams, drawings, operating manuals, or special procedures to be followed during emergencies, equipment failures, or system malfunctions 9. Ability to plan and lay out work according to instructions and skill in measuring, constructing, and installing materials.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:** Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):** For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):** Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
**90-Day Register:** This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.**
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
All Federal Wage Schedule (FWS) applicants must complete the assessment questionnaire in its entirety or it will result in an ineligible rating. Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
**APPRAISALS/AWARDS:** Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire 2. Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period, hours worked and supervisor 3. Registration/License - active, current registration/license **if applicable** for the position 4. If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference). 5. Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). 6. Applicants must refer to the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide (link provided above) for a complete list of required documents for each eligibility you identify.
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD-214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of "veteran" under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions **not later than 120 days after the date of submission**. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD-214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their initial application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
**OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS: Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information. **Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
The complete Application Package **must** be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 06/24/2019
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10529170
To begin the process, click the **Apply Online** button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application** button at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application. - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10529170
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources **WILL NOT** modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### Total Force Service Center
Travis AFB 540 Airlift Drive Travis AFB, CA 94535 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536818200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Air Mobility Command
Get fresh UTILITY SYSTEMS REPAIRER-OPERATOR jobs daily straight to your inbox!