Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to health care management officials by analyzing, evaluating, advising on and/or coordinating health care delivery systems and operations.
Learn more about this agency
- Analyzes, evaluates, advises on and/or coordinates health care delivery systems and operations. Positions may encompass command, administrative, logistics, and education functions supporting the provision of health care to authorized beneficiaries.
- Implementing efforts to improve systems and processes affecting the integration of multiple healthcare disciplines, e.g. (process improvement, risk management, patient safety, utilization review and credentialing and privileging).
- Participating in policy making, planning/management decisions and processes that impact the operation of the service.
- Participating on process redesign teams; Initiating and executing special projects while ensuring all requirements of compliance and accreditation are met.
- Maintaining awareness of available resources and making budgetary and projection recommendations to appropriate leadership.
- Administering the internal review, quality and productivity initiatives for the organization.
- Advises senior leaders and Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) Commanders on policies and procedures that will impact the measurement of workload.
- Conducts studies of health care delivery systems and operations,including services provided in the direct health care system, either through contracts or agreements, and the managed care support contractor's network.
- Works closely with Department Chiefs to develop annual program levels. Identifies healthcare initiatives and works with headquarter staff to secure funding for those programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
- Analysts, Business Management
- Analysts, Data Processing Systems
- Analysts, Management
- Analysts, Program
- Business Management Analysts
- Data Processing Systems Analysts
Conditions of Employment
- Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- A security clearance may be required
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
GS-05: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-04) or equivalent in the Federal service which knowledge of the basic principles & practices related to the management of a health care delivery system. Such experience may have been gained as an administrative officer, management analyst, or administrative or clinical program manager or supervisor in a health care delivery system.
GS-07: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-05) or equivalent in the Federal service which includes knowledge of missions, organizations, programs, & requirements of health care delivery systems in general & in the country at large; knowledge of overall medical service & individual medical treatment facility organization, management, mission, purpose, programs, related requirements in various administrative areas, philosophy, & objectives on a practical level.
GS-09:At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-07) or equivalent in the Federal service which progressively responsible analytical or administrative, or clinical management or supervisory experience in the health care field; knowledge of the Missions, organizations, programs, and requirements of health care delivery systems; regulations and standards of various regulatory and credentialing groups.
GS-11: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-09) or equivalent in the Federal service which includes comprehensive knowledge & understanding of medical facility operations to include its organization, staffing, fiscal policies and management, physical plant, internal and external driving policies, as well as interrelationships of flights, elements, and services; comprehensive knowledge of Clinical Quality Management, Performance Improvement, Risk Management , Accreditation and Credentialing principles, practices, procedures and standards.
GS-12: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-11) or equivalent in the Federal service which includes applying statistical, analytical, and evaluative methods and techniques to issues concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall healthcare delivery system; practical experience with quality work processes of the various departments and services devoted to patient care, clinical investigation, ancillary specialties, and support resources; adeptly conducts studies, reviews clinical and business indicators, analyzes findings/trends.
GS-13: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-12) or equivalent in the Federal service which includes mastery of advanced management and organizational principles and practices along with a comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare service field to include the role and responsibilities of the military medical service organization, medical activities missions and responsibilities relative to health services and systems, health-related operating programs and departmental and program interrelationships, organizational structure, interoffice relationships, personnel, and continued objectives of medical activities.
GS-14: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-13) or equivalent in the Federal service which includes expert knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analytical methodologies to determine efficiency, effectiveness, clinical productivity, and clinical quality. Requires comprehension of the concepts and processes of managed care (both within the military and civilian environment); knowledge of principles and practices related to the management of healthcare delivery systems; knowledge of how the various systems (clinical, administrative, managerial, and financial) interact to provide care within the medical environment ranging from the medical treatment facility, the medical Regions and the Defense Healthcare Agency.
GS-15: At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the (GS-14) level in the Federal service, which includes mastery of advanced management and organizational principles and practices and a comprehensive knowledge of planning, programming and budgeting regulations, guidelines, processes and fiscal law; and a thorough knowledge of Department of Defense, Defense Health Program (DHP), and planning, programming, and management practices to provide PPBES guidelines and advisory service in support of long-range; mastery knowledge of principles and practices related to the management of healthcare delivery systems; comprehensive ability to provide support to health care management officials by analyzing, evaluating and advising on and/or coordinating health care delivery systems and operations.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (****KSAs****): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:**
1. Must have knowledge of health administration and managed health care programs and practices as well as general clinical principles and practices as they relate to a military medical environment.
2. Knowledge of military commands goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key operational events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions related to actual events; and the relationship of the various command entities.
3. Supervisory and management skills to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progre