Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (OFFICE AUTOMATION) =============================================
##### Department of the Air Force
Air Force Materiel Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
09/04/2019 to 09/10/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$33,949 to $44,130 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Eglin AFB, FL 1 vacancy
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view **Eligibilities** being considered and other **IMPORTANT** information.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform as the senior administrative support assistant in connection with the care and treatment given to patients in wards, clinics, or other such departments of a medical facility.
Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates patient scheduling activities of the medical facility using the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to ensure a smooth flow of the daily services. - Performs maintenance of electronic and hard copy medical records and reviews maintenance of medical records to ensure they are maintained in accordance with Air Force regulations/instructions and other established guidelines. - Performs a variety of administrative duties in support of the medical facility. - Uses multiple office automation software with varied functions to produce a wide range of documents, formats, etc.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0679 Medical Support Assistance
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required - Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov - This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program - Disclosure of Political Appointments - May be required to provide full administrative support to other clinics throughout the medical treatment facility. - The employee will comply with locally directed MTF commander training consistent with AF wide standards and directives applicable to Active Duty and contractor performing similar occupational series duties.
**SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:** Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-04, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of a standardized body or rules, procedures, and operations such as available medical facility services, medical terminology used in the facility and the procedures of each unit serviced to give instructions to patients, determine eligibility of patients for care, schedule appointments, rearrange appointments to accommodate emergency situations, refer patients to other units or facilities as needed, and resolve patient complaints and other scheduling problems; knowledge of the spelling and meaning of commonly used medical terminology of the facility to enter patient information into records, give instructions to patients for diagnostic procedures, report test results to patients; and relay information to members of the immediate staff and other services of the facility.
EDUCATION:** Applicants must have successfully completed four years of education above the high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. **NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS**
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:** Applicants have a combination of experience as described in the job opportunity announcement and education. Therefore, possess a combination of experience and education. **NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS**
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/\#url=GSCLER
**FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:** Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in?-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-04 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-05 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):** Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the correct spelling and meaning of medical terminology commonly used by the medical facility; and correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written documents and reports. 2. Knowledge of the standardized body of rules, procedures, policies, and operations of the medical facility to determine patient eligibility, schedule appointments, maintain appointment schedules, make referrals, give instructions to patients, assemble and update patients' charts, record physicians' orders, and retrieve x-rays, laboratory reports, and other relevant patient data. 3. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs. 4. Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required. 5. Ability to plan, organize work, and meet deadlines. 6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using tact and diplomacy.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:** Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
**IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:** You **MUST** provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
**FOREIGN EDUCATION:** Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
**\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\* ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of "veteran" under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their initial application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
### Additional information
**Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees):** You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old)
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):** For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**Current Federal Civilian employees** may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
**90-Day Register:** This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.**
**Tax Law Impact for PCS:** On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please click here.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
For additional information on what to include in your resume, click here.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
**APPRAISALS/AWARDS:** Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire 2. Resume - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Do **NOT** include photographs (or links to social media such as *LinkedIn*), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume. 3. Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts 4. Registration/License - active, current registration/license **if applicable** for the position 5. If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference). 6. Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old). 7. Applicants must refer to the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide (link provided above) for a complete list of required documents for each eligibility you identify.
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act requires agencies to treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
**OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS: Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information. **Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
The complete Application Package **must** be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 09/10/2019
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10593032
To begin the process, click the **Apply Online** button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application** button at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application. - If your resume includes photographs (or links to social media), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, or personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., you will not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10593032
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources **WILL NOT** modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### Shenita Humphrey
Eglin AFB 310 W Van Matre Ave Ste 102 Eglin AFB, FL 32542 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544330100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Air Force Materiel Command
Get fresh Medical Office Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!