##### 75 FSS/FSYC but may be used to fill like vacancies at Hill AFB, UT.
- ##### Open & closing dates
09/17/2019 to 09/23/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$33,949 to $44,130 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
Hill AFB, UT Few vacancies
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view **Eligibilities** being considered and other **IMPORTANT** information.
The primary purpose of this position, GS-1702-05, Educational Technician (Child Development) is to provide appropriate, specialized developmental care and instruction for children in the Child Development Center (CDC). In addition, performs basic oversight and supervision for a designated classroom for 6 months through 5 years.
Learn more about this agency
- Design, implement, and review activity plans. - Observe and evaluate each child?s health and development and report on and maintain records of observations. - Prepare and implement specialized programs for children with special needs, i.e., children with disciplinary problems, learning disabilities, or gifted children. - Provide technical guidance and leadership to junior employees assigned to assist with program activities and participate in special projects.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
1702 Education And Training Technician
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required - Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov - This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program - Disclosure of Political Appointments - Must complete training requirements annually to include Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, First Aid, Rescue Breathing, Child Abuse Identifying and Reporting, and Food Handlers. - Training may be conducted during evening and weekend hours. - May be required to work other than normal duty hours. - Must satisfactorily complete a physical and keep current on all immunizations. - Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a Favorable security clearance as a condition of employment.
In order to qualify, you must meet the general experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. **AND** **GENERAL EXPERIENCE:** Applicants must have at least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience at the next lower grade GS-04, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes the ability to: 1. Analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions. 2. Plan and organize work; and 3. Communicate effectively orally and in writing. Such experience may have been gained in administrative, professional, technical, investigative, or other responsible work. **OR EDUCATION:** A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree. NOTE: You must submit copies of your unofficial transcripts with your application if using education as a substitution of experience. **OR COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:** Successfully completed education above the high school level and general experience directly related to the work of the position as outlined above that meets the requirements of the position may be used to qualify applicants for the GS-05 level. NOTE: You must submit copies of your unofficial transcripts with your application if using education as a substitution of experience.
**FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:** Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in?-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-04 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-05 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):** Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of Child Development regulations, procedures, and processes. 2. Knowledge of early child development theory, methodology, and practices relating to physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development. 3. Knowledge of Child Development Center regulations, programs, and operations. 4. Ability to develop creative and innovative activity and special program plans. 5. Ability to promote and foster effective working relationships with others and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:** Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You **MUST** provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
**FOREIGN EDUCATION:** Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
### Additional information
Hill Air Force Base provides worldwide engineering and logistics management for the F-16 Fighting Falcon, A-10 Thunderbolt II, and the Minuteman III ICBM, and performs depot maintenance of the F-16, A-10, and C-130 Hercules aircraft. The base is located between Ogden and Salt Lake City. The area is known for year round activities, including skiing, hiking, boating, extreme sports, fishing and hunting, with four distinct seasons, low humidity and moderate snow fall in the valley.
This position has been identified as having "regular contact with children". IAW Public Law 101-647 Section 231 and Public Law 102-190 Section 1094. An FBI fingerprint and State Criminal History Repository (SCHR) Check will be completed on any person selected for this position.
Required to complete the AF Child Development Program Assistant Modules according to AF134-248 and Criteria C294. Satisfactory progress toward and completion of the modules is a condition of employment. After fulfilling the initial 6 months requirement of completing 3 modules (\#14 & \#15 plus module of choice), caregivers must complete a minimum of 3 modules every 3 months, completing all modules within the first 18 months of employment.
**PHYSICAL DEMANDS:** Work requires walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting/carrying children and moderate physical exertion. The incumbent works in a child development facility and may be required to rearrange furniture and lift/carry children weighing up to 40 pounds.
**WORK ENVIRONMENT:** The work is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated. The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting/training rooms, libraries, classrooms and playgrounds.
***You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click*** ***"Learn more about this agency"*** ***button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" or equivalent eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. \*Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.***
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):** For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):** Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
**90-Day Register:** This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.**
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
For additional information on what to include in your resume, click here.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
**APPRAISAL/AWARDS:** Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire 2. Resume - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Do **NOT** include photographs (or links to social media such as *LinkedIn*), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume. 3. Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts 4. Registration/License - active, current registration/license **if applicable** for the position 5. If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference). 6. Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old). 7. Applicants must refer to the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide (link provided above) for a complete list of required documents for each eligibility you identify.
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act requires agencies to treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
**OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS: Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information. **Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
The complete Application Package **must** be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 09/23/2019
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10597445
To begin the process, click the **Apply Online** button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application** button at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application. - If your resume includes photographs (or links to social media), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, or personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., you will not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10597445
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources **WILL NOT** modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### Hill AFB DP2YHA
Hill AFB 7437 6th Street Bldg 430, Rm 119 Hill AFB, UT 84056 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545838100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Air Force Materiel Command
South Weber,UT USA
Get fresh Educational Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!