The Air Force Academy Athletics Corporation is looking for a General Manager of Ticket Sales.
The General Manager (GM) of Ticket Sales will drive ticket revenue in support of Air Force Athletics. Responsible for training, mentoring, motivating and coaching the ticket sales staff. Responsible for development and strategic implementation of a comprehensive ticket sales plan designed to meet and exceed annual sales goals set forth by Associate AD of External Operations and CEO of the Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation. The GM will oversee the sales and service activities related to season tickets, partial plans, group tickets, customer service and all other ticket options. The GM will be responsible for developing and implementing effective systems to monitor the professional development and sales production of each member of the Ticket Sales staff and the achievement of reaching or exceeding the overall sales goals set forth for each of 5 ticketed sports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the sales efforts for all ticketed sports including season tickets, mini-plans, packages, single game and group tickets
- Meet and exceed aggressive sales goals
- Manage, train, mentor and motivate the Ticket Sales staff (3 Account Executives)
- Pace setter for sales activities and ensure outbound activity goals are met by ticket sales staff
- Develop and execute all ticket sales initiatives
- Cultivate current, past, and new individual and group prospects to generate revenue
- Develop and maintain a personal client base of ticket sales prospects and customers
- Provide exemplary customer service to existing accounts and develop new accounts via outbound calls, email marketing, B2B partnerships, face-to-face presentations, tours and community events
- Manage sales and service of premium seating areas including Blue and Silver Club, football suites and hockey boxes
- Works closely with coaches, senior and external staff to facilitate discussion and sharing of ideas related to growing ticket sales revenue
- Collaborate with marketing on development and implementation of a comprehensive sales, promotion and marketing plan for each ticketed sport
- Work closely with Director of Ticket Operations on database initiatives including data collection, analytics and marketing directly related to generating ticket revenue
- Responsible for CRM management, ensure accurate and timely recording of all sales activities
- Work closely with athletic development office to ensure coordination and proper management of athletic donors and programs as they relate to ticket sales initiatives and donor relations
- Foster a culture that emphasizes respect, accuracy, service and excellence
The AFAAC is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that supports and manages all of the Air Force Academy's athletics fundraising programs while also providing assistance with coaching, recruiting, ticketing, logistics and sports conference objectives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sports management, communications, journalism, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Four or more years of experience in collegiate or professional ticket sales, including two years of management. Proven track record of revenue generation and outbound sales success. Experience with customer service, email, telemarketing, internet marketing, statistical analysis, market research, annual budget planning and sales plan development. Exceptional attention to detail, oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service. Working knowledge of personal computer, word processing, spreadsheets and ticketing systems including Paciolan and AudienceView. Careful attention to detail. Experience in team environment and strong analytic and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, work as part of a team and motivate staff in a fast paced environment.
Must be authorized to work in the United States and successfully pass a background check. Random drug testing is required.