The Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation is seeking for a Development Officer. The Development Officer is a key member of the Falcon Athletic Fund team and drives philanthropic support to Air Force Athletics. This position is integral to the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program for Air Force Athletics. Serves as the department lead for 13 programs, family giving strategy, donor hospitality and donor research.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of the Air Force Athletics fundraising team to drive philanthropic resources in support of Air Force Athletics programs and cadet-athletes.
- Actively work to grow Falcon Athletic Fund membership, increase donor retention and move current donors to higher giving levels.
- Manage and execute events surrounding fundraising, cultivation and stewardship. Oversee donor hospitality for Football, Basketball and Hockey and play a critical role in all gameday fundraising activities.
- Design and develop solicitation strategies with administrators and coaching staffs. Lead fundraising efforts in collaboration with coaching staffs for 13 sports.
- Assist with the coordination of the Night of Excellence gala and auction event, Falcon Classic golf tournament, sport reunions, parent weekends and other special events.
- Manage donor communications, CRM and website. Use research tools to identify and qualify current and potential donors. Uncover potential grants and foundation giving.
- Manage a portfolio of donors, exceed outreach, proposal and fundraising goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate AD – Executive Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in sport marketing, administration, management or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years of related work experience in a Division I athletic development.
- Track record of success and exceeding personal goal.
- Team player that works cooperatively and collaboratively within a development team and with other business units.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, verbal, writing, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays depending on work and game schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, work as part of a team and motivate staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Understands and upholds standards befitting the USAFA and Air Force Athletics.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and successfully pass a background investigation. Position is subject to random drug testing.
The AFAAC is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that supports and manages all of the Air Force Academy's athletics fundraising programs while also providing assistance with coaching, recruiting, ticketing, logistics and sports conference objectives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.