- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Accounting Manager plays a key role in the daily function of the Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation. The responsibilities of this position include general accounting, prepare ad-hoc reporting as required by executive management, monthly financial reporting, month/year-end close processing and assist in preparing for the annual audits. The Accounting Manager also serve as a supervisor to the Staff Accountant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day accounting processes including accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and general ledger for AFAAC
- Ensure a timely and accurate month-end closing process
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data through the preparation of financial reports
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and make recommendations and participate in continuous improvement
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Drive process improvement initiatives within the Accounting Department
- Communicate with department heads regarding questions on financial activities
- In collaboration with the CFO and Audit/Budget Director, develops, writes, and updates policies and procedures recommending improvements as necessary
- Manage the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department. Responsible for keeping staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: BS/BA Degree (4-year) in Accounting or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory position in accounting
Air Force Academy Athletic CorporationWhy Work Here?
Great benefits, Division 1 College Athletics,
The AFAAC is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that supports and manages all of the Air Force Academy's athletics fundraising programs while also providing assistance with coaching, recruiting, ticketing, logistics and sports conference objectives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
Finance and Insurance