The Line Cook is responsible for quality of food ingredients used, preparation methods personally used as well as those used while working with the kitchen staff. The Line Cook prepares basic food-pre and menu items needed in filling catering orders based on established Air Culinaire recipes or customer requests. The Line Cook will be an on-site team player and production support for all production as well as being called on at times to shop and produce specialty items not in ACW spec books. The Line Cook is required to take immediate action in all orders received and is required to produce high quality menu items and recipes as instructed by the Executive Chef, GM and kitchen supervisors. ACW Line Cooks are given the authority to make decisions to produce products to and menu items, while following company procedures related to customer satisfaction, safety, and cost.
The Line Cool prepares all foods to specification to include all hot foods, designed salads, sandwiches, canapés, desserts, sauces and all cold food preparations according to designated preparation methods as detailed by Air Culinaire. The Line Cook is responsible for culinary quality and supports all culinary initiatives, learns all standard ACW food displays, practices culinary artistry as well as the safe use of fresh ingredients, quality and finesse in culinary design and presentation. The Line Cook works in partnership with all cooks, prep staff, porters, and provides production solutions in situations arising that require action and critical thinking in providing clients with the highest of quality and craftsmanship in all culinary preparation to include hot food, displays and professionally composed dishes and displays. The Line Cook works is based on following company procedures related to food quality, safety, customer satisfaction, and accuracy in cost – The Line Cook ultimately reports to the Executive Chef, Sous Chef & Operations Manager, or GM in their absence.
Responsibilities and Associated Duties:
Under the direction of the Chefs, the Line Cooks primary responsibility is to produce top quality hot and fold food, innovative and artistic presentations, displays, spec-trays, quality salads, sandwiches, canapés, desserts and sauces – and any cold preparation, which the Executive Chef & Sous Chefs direct. The Line Cook prepares all menu items according to Air Culinaire preparation methods as documented while maintaining Air Culinaire Standards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Line Cook is a culinary professional in the ACW kitchen and is responsible to conduct himself or herself in the utmost professional manner whether working in our kitchen, on-site at a client location and to support all work required to include sanitation, driving and working with external customers and Tampa support peers.
The Line Cook is responsible to work with the Garde Manger team and Lead Cooks to prioritize orders, ensure the use of the freshest ingredients, accuracy in preparation, quality assurance, order finalization, and the use of appropriate packaging and labeling, and overall compliance with ACES specifications associated with all Air Culinaire client orders. *The Line Cook is responsible to verify that food quality and specifications match the kitchen issued specification in ACES..
The Line Cook is responsible for prioritizing food production orders, quality assurance, verifying the use of proper trays and packaging - and the overall compliance with ACES specifications associated with all Air Culinaire specifications and ACES orders.
- The Lead Cook is responsible to ensure food quality, use ACW specifications at all times - and to ensure that the food matches the presentation provided in the specification as provided on Linkculinaire.com.
- Additionally, the Line Cook will participate in the process of training and directing new and existing Air Culinaire team members, take time to ensure all food, packaging, labeling, and allergens on all trays and are made with accuracy, food safety and HACCP compliance.
- The Line Cook is expected to provide feedback and suggestions to the Executive Chef & Sous Chefs to continue to monitor, maintain and improve quality as a secondary responsibility in this role.
- The Line Cook will assist in the butchering of meats and fish, and assist with the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Ensures that all food preparations and presentations meet ACW specifications and quality standards.
- Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen by setting quat-sanitizer stations, assists in monitoring and journaling temp-logs and using gloves, food safety tools and best practices when cooking in the kitchen.
- Use preventative maintenance with all kitchen equipment while directing the other team members to do the same.
- The Line Cook will assist in ordering, inventory - and any other duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or Executive Chef.
Measures of Success:
Annual Performance Review- success will be measured using results of the Annual Performance Review (2X per-year), which are established bi-annually, just prior to the new Fiscal Year starting & at the 6-month mark of the fiscal year, to include Specific Job Responsibilities and our Core Service Goals:
- Stellar Customer Service
- Integrity & Accountability
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Teamwork Commitment
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
High School diploma is required.
- Culinary experience in restaurants, hotels or catering - or its equivalent required, with experience in new culinary trends preferred.
- Current ServSafe Food Handling Certificate required at hire or within 45-days of hire,
- Demonstrated ability to take orders and follow through as well as direct and work well with others in a team-driven, fast-paced environment is essential.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, creative, and highly motivated to assist in food preparation and presentation.
- Prior catering and hospitality/food Culinary, Cooking experience preferred.
- *The Line Cook must have an excellent driving record, and be able to pass a FAA on-ramp security clearance and pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings. .
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Flexible work schedule required, including weekends and holidays. Candidate must be able to travel in accordance with the current ACW Travel Policy.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, reach and carry with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.