Project Manager Estimator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Since 1935, Air Comfort has provided innovative heating and cooling solutions to businesses. Our integrity and technical expertise provide our customers a productive, comfortable and healthy climate.
As a Project Manager Estimator, you will be project managing all the building automation construction/service projects.
- Understand and control project scope
- Review project financials – estimated cost vs actual
- Maintain proper project staffing to stay on schedule
- Identify out of scope work and process change orders
- Make cost adjustments as necessary to reflect accurate remaining project costs
- Review invoicing to ensure projects are properly billed
- Monitor Sales Forecast to incorporate into Labor Forecast
- Monitor backlog to ensure future labor requirements are met
- Conduct pre-bid estimate reviews of projects
- Conduct Sales to Operations turnover
- Assign labor to projects
- Assist operations personnel as needed to solve project issues
- Conduct project Postmortem project reviews and implement improvements
- Write and issue subcontracts
- Coordinate subcontractors and ensure their scope of work is completed correctly
- Attend project meetings as necessary
- Proactively communicate with field personnel regarding status of work and expected costs
- Identify project risks and implement mitigation strategies
- Lead continuous improvement projects
- Review control drawings before submission
- Write Requests for Information
- Coordinate with Sales on change orders and cost adjustments
- Estimate, bid and sell plan and spec controls construction projects.
- Assist other Sales Engineers with estimating and bidding when necessary.
- Work with Air Comfort sales engineers to address Air Comfort’s in-house needs and generate additional revenue from Air Comfort’s projects.
- Track projects lost, find competitive position in the market and ways to improve bidding experience.
- Assist other sales engineers to build a data base of existing Honeywell, Carrier, and Johnson Controls open protocol buildings in the Chicagoland area.
- Work closely with customers, architects and engineers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Ensure applied controls is always practicing best safety practices.
Since 1935, Air Comfort has provided innovative heating and cooling solutions to business. Our integrity and technical expertise provide our customers a productive, comfortable and healthy climate.
2550 Braga Dr. BroadviewChicago, IL
ConstructionView all jobs at Air Comfort