Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilitiesbeing considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide a full range of professional psychological consultation services. Serves as a member of a multidisciplinary Base Operational Support Team (BOST) directly supporting the Line of the Air Force (LAF) mission with the goal of building resiliency, enhancing human performance and improving unit mission effectiveness.
Learn more about this agency
- Observes and/or participates in squadron activities in order to identify psychosocial stressors and barriers to optimal human performance.
- Develops and implements initiatives to mitigate psychosocial stressors and risks and optimize airman performance.
- Provides psychological consultation, education, and training to military commanders/senior leaders, other mental health professionals, and medical staff.
- Provides evidence-based, clinical psychology services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
- Clinical Psychologists
- Psychologists, Clinical
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Recruitment incentives are not authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- At a minimum, qualification requirements stipulated by the US Office of Personnel Management (OPM) for the GS-0180 occupational series must be met.
- Must meet credentialing/privileging requirements of the local MTF.
- Training and/or professional experience in Industrial and Organizational Psychology is highly desirable.
- May be required to work extended hours or rotating shifts to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Physical May be required.
- BLS certification may be required
QUALIFICATIONS:In order to qualify, you must meet the basicand specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions for
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: For positions at grades GS-11 and above, satisfactory completion of all the requirements for the doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology is required. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must meet the basic requirements and have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of psychological principles, theories, methods or data to practical situations and problems. Note: Your resume must show supporting detail of your experience.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Professional knowledge of clinical psychology, human performance enhancement within neurocognitive and psychosocial domains, and improving personal resiliency.
2. Professional knowledge of evidence-based treatments and standards of clinical practice for a full range of psychological disorders to plan and provide treatment to patients.
3. Knowledge of military organizations and culture and the unique stressors upon workers in an operational military workplace.
4. Knowledge of administration, scoring, and interpretation of select psychological and psycho-social measures to properly assess patient's and family's needs. Ability to gather, synthesize, and apply data, including psychological testing, interviews, medical/non-medical records to the identification and mitigation of population risks.
5. Knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) of the American Psychiatric Association to evaluate psychiatric disorders and apply professional diagnostic skills.
6. Ability to clearly and accurately document patient care and provide guidance and consultant services to medical professionals, managers, and clients.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:You MUSTprovide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register:This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
APPRAISALS/AWARDS: Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Document