Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC ===================
##### Department of the Air Force
Air Combat Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
09/05/2019 to 09/11/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$59,688 to $69,601 per year
HOURLY RATE: $$28.60 TO $33.35
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
Few vacancies in the following location:
Nellis AFB, NV
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view **Eligibilities** being considered and other **IMPORTANT** information.
The primary purpose of this position is to troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and overhaul complex major components and systems of combustion-powered automotive vehicles, electric-powered vehicles and equipment, towed vehicles and equipment, over-the-road trucks, and comparable vehicles.
Learn more about this agency
- Troubleshoots defects and diagnoses malfunctions using reports, diagnostic computer printouts, visual inspection, and auditory tests and test equipment to determine the kind and extent of maintenance and/or repairs needed. - Maintains, repairs, and/or overhauls complex major components and systems such as engines, transmissions, axle assemblies, differentials, transaxles, suspensions, fuel injection systems, (con't) - (con't) gear reduction systems, exhaust and emission control systems, steering mechanisms, hydraulic power-assist systems, related electrical, electronic, hydraulic, fuel, and other assemblies - Interprets and applies manufacturers? repair manuals and technical specifications, schematics, engineering drawings, diagnostic codes, computer printouts (con't) - (con't) and environmental and safety manuals to ensure completed work meets manufacturers? specifications. - Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains safe and clean work environment.
- U.S. Citizenship Required - Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov - This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program - Disclosure of Political Appointments - Must meet all certification requirements of the position - May be required to guide and/or train lower graded employees - The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver?s license may be required for the position
**QUALIFICATIONS:** Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-5800 Transportation/Mobile Equipment Maintenance Family. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The screen out element for this position is the ability to do the work of an Automotive Mechanic without more than normal supervision.
**JOB ELEMENTS:** Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of safety regulations, procedures, and policies to include environmental directives pertaining to handling hazardous materials. 2. Knowledge of equipment common to the trade, i.e., front-end alignment and wheel balancing equipment, turning and grinding equipment for servicing brake drums and discs or rotor assemblies, and drilling and pressure bleeding devices. 3. Knowledge of technical practices in order to repair and/or overhaul major components and systems such as engines, transmissions, differentials, transaxles, electronic fuel injection systems, emission control systems, and related electrical, electronic, hydraulic, fuel, and other assemblies. 4. Skill in the use of measuring instruments and test equipment, i.e., computerized engine analyzers, compression testers, test benches, oscilloscopes, multimeters, special feeler and dial gauges, etc. 5. Skill in troubleshooting defects and diagnosing malfunctions and determining the kind and extent of maintenance and/or repairs needed. 6. Skill in using hand and power tools common to the occupation, i.e., wrenches, screwdrivers, insulated pliers, electric drills, pneumatic wrenches, and soldering irons. 7. Ability to interpret and apply manufacturers' repair manuals and technical specifications, schematics, engineering drawings, diagnostic codes, computer printouts, and safety manuals. 8. Ability to maintain, repair, and overhaul complex major components and systems in combustion-powered automotive vehicles, electric-powered vehicles and equipment, towed vehicles and equipment, over-the road trucks, and comparable vehicles without more than normal supervision.
**PHYSICAL EFFORT:** Work requires frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, crawling under vehicles, and working in tight spaces or tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts, handles, and carries parts and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds. Occasionally lifts items 50 pounds or more with mechanical devices or with assistance from other workers.
**WORKING CONDITIONS:** Usually works indoors on concrete surfaces, exposed to drafts, noise, and auto fumes. Continually exposed to dirt, dust, grease, and to the potential for burns, chemical irritations, shocks, bruises, cuts and strains. Occasionally works outside under adverse weather conditions. Required to follow prescribed safety procedures and may be required to use safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, and respirators.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:** Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
### Additional information
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):** For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):** Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
**90-Day Register:** This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.**
**Tax Law Impact for PCS:** On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018\_05%20Relocation%20Allowances\_0.pdf
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
All Federal Wage Schedule (FWS) applicants must complete the assessment questionnaire in its entirety or it will result in an ineligible rating. Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
**APPRAISALS/AWARDS:** Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire 2. Resume - For qualification determinations your resume should show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. WG-8852-10. Do **NOT** include photographs (or links to social media such as *LinkedIn*), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume. 3. Registration/License - active, current registration/license **if applicable** for the position 4. If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference). 5. Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). 6. Applicants must refer to the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide (link provided above) for a complete list of required documents for each eligibility you identify.
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act requires agencies to treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
**OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS: Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information. **Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
The complete Application Package **must** be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 09/11/2019
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10595473
To begin the process, click the **Apply Online** button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application** button at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application. - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10595473
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources **WILL NOT** modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### Total Force Service Center
Nellis AFB 4475 England Avenue Ste 137 Nellis AFB, NV 89191 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544600100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Air Combat Command
North Las Vegas,NV USA
Get fresh Automobile Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!