- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Assistant Controller
Department or Division: Accounting
Manage finance and accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
- Prepare and assist in monthly financial statement preparation to summarize and forecast the company’s financial status.
- Produces and manages balance sheets and analyze future earnings and expenses.
- Assists with management of accounting, auditing and budgeting within the organization.
- Assists with preparations for audits.
- Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances, including any applicable variance analysis.
- Ensures compliance with and prepare reports according to applicable government regulations.
- Uses accounting software to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Delegates accounting tasks to junior accounting staff.
- Coordinates with and prepares reports for CFO and upper management.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist in the analysis of the yearly physical inventory count.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is responsible for managing the accounting department personnel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in math, accounting and financial processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Solid understanding of GAAP and applicable regulations
- Background in accounting principals as it pertains to the manufacturing sector.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field (master’s preferred)
- At least 7 years’ experience in accounting
- Familiar with SAGE accounting package is a plus
- Highest quality of accounting work is displayed
- Foster a team environment between management, sales, production and marketing to ensure corporate goals are achieved
- Develop and maintain a creative environment for new ideas and inventions
Terms of employment
This is a full-time, exempt, salary position.
The general hours shall be Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:30pm with an hour break for lunch.
Work is regularly performed in an office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 10 pounds.
No travel required.
Compensation package includes major medical benefits, life insurance and 401K plan with employer contribution. Paid personal leave plus company paid general holidays and paid company holidays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Air Clean Systems
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounting Professor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.