Air Cargo Carriers, Inc. Milwaukee, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: MilwaukeeJob Summary:
Budget Analysts evaluate budget proposals to determine the optimal allocation of project funds. They are responsible for reviewing budget proposals and requests for funding, evaluating spending needs, and conducting cost-benefit analyses, among other duties.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of the company's overall budget document, and at the departmental level, providing advice and analysis to increase the efficiency of the company's spending.
- Assists in the creation and further development of the revenue manual, budget preparation manual, budget policies and procedures manual, and other documents as needed.
- Assists Project Manager by conducting various surveys, research, data analysis, cost-benefit analyses, and expenditure and revenue forecasting.
- Assists with projecting future financial needs and collaborates with budget manager and other management personnel to prepare long-term financial plans, and other budget and financial reports.
- Makes recommendations to improve company's fiscal efficiency based on interpretation and organization of financial information.
- Presents budget analysis and recommendations to upper-level management at the beginning of each budgetary cycle of special projects.
- Develops, organizes, and maintains files, documents, and materials relating to budgetary practices according to company's policies.
- Executes transactions within the integrated budget, accounting, and purchasing system, which may include purchase requisitions, contract payment vouchers, budget data entry, appropriation revisions, and salary and budget imports.
- Oversees and compares departmental expenditures to original budget.
- Attends and actively participates in committees, professional groups, and seminars to stay current regarding new developments and trends in budgeting and finance.
- Monitors changes in the local, state, and federal tax laws, and actively monitors the local economy.
- Provides information and answers to departments regarding budgets, forecasts, surveys, financial trends, and other requested data for special projects. Assist in creating and reviewing project presentations.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and budgeting principles and practices, statistical methodology, generally accepted accounting principles, and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of financial analysis and economics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of written and verbal Spanish communication skills preferred.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Basic understanding of and ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with various employees, vendors, stakeholders, and other interested personnel.
- Ability to skillfully perform detailed statistical analyses of budget activities.
- Ability to prepare and present clear, concise administrative and financial reports.
- Ability to work independently and complete work on schedule.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Budgeting, Accounting, or related field.
- At least one year of experience involving the analytical research and reporting of complex financial data or any combination of relevant experience and education.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Air Cargo Carriers does offer health, medical, and other benefits. Come start or advance your career with us.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Air Cargo Carriers, Inc.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Air Cargo Carriers, Inc.