- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Services USA (Aioi USA) is part of the MS&AD Insurance Group which is one of the leading insurance companies and is a Toyota affiliated company providing Toyota Insurance worldwide in more than 37 countries. Aioi USA specializes in Research and Development of new technologies for both the automotive and insurance industries. One key focus of development is, MOTER, Mobility on The Edge in Real-time, a next generation connected car data analytics platform, which bridges the gap between the automotive and insurance ecosystems.
MOTER Technologies is working to unlock the world of connected car data to power new products and services for the automotive, mobility and insurance industries. Our edge computing-based advanced data science and software platform creates new insights from vehicle data to power the next generation of risk analytics and insurance solutions. The technology and business platform allow automakers to finally realize their connected car data monetization goals and improve their ROI in this growing space.
This role reports to Chief Product/Chief Information Officer and is responsible for the management of various projects and executive reporting. You will be project managing software, hardware, data science, and operational projects to develop cutting edge technologies.
You will be working on our MOTER (Mobility on The Edge in Real-time) product which is the next generation of vehicle insurance data collection that incorporates video, Computer Vision (Object Recognition) and edge computing on the device.
We are preparing to have MOTER applied in fleets of vehicles for pilot projects and need to have the product developed to a commercial-ready state—device software, connectivity, back-end, OTA functionality, etc.
- Technical IT project management responsibility for new software, hardware, and data science developments, and operational processes;
- Develop Functional Requirement Documents;
- Perform or oversee UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and/or Quality Assurance;
- Perform Error and Bug-Fix verification;
- Miscellaneous work to move projects forward.
- 3-5 years of technical IT project management experience;
- 3-5+ years of hands-on experience working in Data Science or Software Engineering in a corporate environment or start-up environment;
- Four‐year college degree preferably in a STEM field;
- Familiarity with contemporary software development approaches (e.g. agile, waterfall) and tools (e.g. Jira);
- Knowledge of Backend “cloud” infrastructure, mobile networks and communication protocols;
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products;
- Awareness of software security and consumer privacy best practices;
- Effective at building strong relationships, internally and externally; and
- Strong technical background to influence technical design and investment decisions.
- Programming language/system knowledge: Linux, AWS, AWS IoT Core, SQL, Java, and Python;
- Knowledge of Telematics systems;
- Cellular and Wi-Fi system knowledge;
- Experience performing data analysis and data reporting;
- Experience with data bases and data base designs, preferably for big data;
- Experience implementing solutions in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, or similar)
- Fleet Management or Dash Cam Company project development experience is a plus;
- Experience with server side (backend) software development or software project management;
- Experience with device software development is a plus; and
- Experience with or working knowledge of automotive telematics or connected car is a big plus!
- Torrance, CA
- Hybrid (0-2 days in the office per week—as needed)
Degree of Travel:
Scope of Management:
- Total of direct reports: 0
- For California based hires:
Estimated annual salary range from $110,000 to $150,000
- We offer robust benefits, including health, dental, vision and generous paid time off and 401(k) with a company match
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Free catered office lunch and office snacks
- Flexible office hours
- Health and wellness focused work environment
- Team socials
- Casual dress code
- Training and development to invest in you and take you from great to greater!
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
- The preceding job description is not intended to be all inclusive of the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 424-322-9518.
FLSA Job Status: ☒ Exempt ☐Non-Exempt
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Services USA
Get fresh Doe Administrative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.