Complimentary AM Attendant
- Posted: over a month ago
The Complimentary AM Attendant is responsible for providing the highest quality of service possible to guests in an efficient and courteous manner within the complimentary breakfast area of a hotel. In addition, this individual shall be well-versed on the hotel-brand standards guest expectations and the unique characteristics of the hotel and local area.
- Ability to perform job function with attention to detail speed and accuracy.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings nights weekends and holidays.
- Must meet the legal age to serve alcoholic beverages and satisfactorily pass responsible serving course such as TIPs as required by property.
- Must be able to obtain and provide Food Handlers card as required by city/county/state.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm professional manner.
- Understanding of hotel products and guest services.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and a desire to be of service to others as reflected in willingness to learn new tasks and information provide back-up and support to other team members and respond to guests and co-workers in a positive and optimistic manner.
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation service standards guest relations and etiquette.
- Ability to produce high quality drinks including but not limited to specialty coffee and tea drinks specialty cocktails and beverage requests as required by hotel.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting adding subtracting multiplying and dividing.
- Ability to read comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff some of whom will require high levels of patience tact and diplomacy.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm friendly courteous and professional manner; ascertain which services could enhance the guests’ stay.
- Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely manner.
- Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and appearance.
- Clear clean and reset tables/hotel spaces per client request or management instruction.
- Ensuring that bar food and service areas are stocked organized clean and neat and all side work is complete each shift.
- Accommodate any special requests made by a guest or offer appropriate alternatives.
- Communicate with all departments regarding in house VIPs and any special requests/needs.
- Support all areas of the beverage and food service as necessary including washing dishes by hand and/or placing them in a dishwashing machine restocking dishes glassware utensils pots and pans or other necessary equipment sweeping and mopping floors washing work tables walls refrigerators and meat blocks moving trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Ability to answer the telephone according to standards.
- Have a complete knowledge of standards of service for receiving a room service order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all applicable departments.
- Carry out cashiering functions in closing checks and end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side work duties according to station rotation assignment.
- Answer questions about the hotel the hotel-brand standards guest expectations the unique characteristics of the hotel local area attractions and things to do.
- Perform any other duties or attend meetings as requested by management.
AddressSioux Falls, SD
TourismView all jobs at Aimbridge Hospitality
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?