Hotel Director of Sales
- Posted: January 13, 2023
The Best Western Plus University Inn - Clemson is looking for a full-time Director of Sales to join their dynamic team.
The Director of Sales is responsible for the development and oversight of all hotel sales and marketing activities with the goal of increasing market share, revenue and RevPAR performance and to meet or exceed hotel budget through concentrated proactive sales efforts in the market.
- Achieve revenue goals by implementing effective sales and marketing strategies; effectively communicate goals on an on-going basis to appropriate parties in order to attain results.
- Prepare annual Sales & Marketing budget for the hotel with input from General Manager and final approval from appropriate parties.
- Make continual outside sales calls in order to cultivate leads and potential clients.
- Perform market analysis in order to develop the marketing plan and strategy.
- Contact and qualify new sales leads as well as maintain contact with previous clients.
- Analyze weekly & monthly reports and ensure all reports, requests for information, and special projects are submitted on or before their due date to appropriate parties.
- Network with community leaders, businesses, associations, and groups in order to familiarize them with the hotel's services.
- Utilize, exploit and incorporate all Brand support and initiatives.
- Ensure that marketing and sales plans are appropriate for each sales period, including special plans to maximize room revenue during forecasted low occupancy periods.
- Develop and implement advertising, public relations, and promotional programs.
- Identify key accounts and actively sell through personal visits and regular contact with these accounts and their decision-makers.
- Maintain knowledge of the local hotel market including the strengths and weaknesses of the competition. Use this knowledge when presenting information to decision-makers.
- Familiar with the successful practices of competitors and recommends strategies or sales tactics designed to grow revenue and manage expenses.
- Identify and actively solicit new accounts for the hotel.
- Markets opportunities on property's web site and on electronic distribution channels.
- Actively lead all hotel sales and marketing activities.
- Ensure that all sales information is communicated to all departments.
What would make me successful in this role?
- Passion for hospitality and sales
- Ability to cultivate client relationships
- Initiative and ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task
- Motivated to enhance the guest experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans à Eligible 1st of the month after 30 days
- Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending/Dependent Care Account
- Short-term Disability & Accident plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Vacation - up to 10 days per year
- Paid Sick time - up to 5 days per year
- 7 paid Holidays per year
- Referral Program à Earn $500 for referring someone
- Employee Recognition Program à earn gift cards
- Employee discounts
- Hotel sales experience
- 1 plus years in hospitality
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent job-related experience
- Verbal and written communication skills
The Best Western Plus University Inn is managed by Aileron Management. Our goal is to empower our associates in the pursuit of a successful career - because when you grow, we grow. Our team is fun; our benefits are competitive; and our opportunities for career advancement are plentiful - but it's genuine passion for service that brings us all together. Sound like you? Check us out and apply for a new career today!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?