Senior Digital Neuroscientist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Digital Neuroscientist provides neuroscience expertise to the Clinical Data Science team and is a resident expert in the development of digital biomarkers on the AiCure platform for the assessment of CNS disease state, progression, characterization, and treatment response. This individual will work closely with the broader AiCure team to develop, validate, and operationalize novel digital biomarkers. They will be responsible for the conceptualization of new digital biomarkers and applications in the context of CNS disease research and clinical trials, scientific and clinical validation of CNS digital biomarkers, supporting predictive model development, and dissemination of validated findings in peer-reviewed journals.
- Apply comprehensive neuroscience and/or clinical knowledge to identify and develop digital biomarkers of CNS disease and patient behavior from video, audio, and speech data
- Develop and execute scientific and clinical validation of novel digital biomarkers against existing clinical metrics and industry standards, often in collaboration with academic and industry partners
- Design and execute qualitative stakeholder research to support concept development research
- Contribute to project planning through assessment of goals and requirements to identify appropriate clinical metrics and digital biomarker targets for CNS research and clinical trials
- Interface with department quantitative scientists to inform statistical analyses and inference model development using CNS digital biomarkers
- Assess current and potential AiCure digital biomarker and inference model capabilities in the context of CNS clinical trials to identify novel quantitative metrics of disease state and progression
- Develop approaches to identify CNS disease subtypes using digital biomarker data
- Conceptualize ideas for development of transformative applications of digital biomarkers and inference models in the context of CNS clinical trial support and execution
- Maintain awareness of current neuroscience literature to identify relevant CNS clinical assessment tools and digital biomarker research
- Independently execute experimental plans, interpret and communicate results to department leadership
- Interface closely with applications research to translate novel digital biomarkers and inference models into engineered product applications
- Contribute to the design and conduct of continuous validation plans for production systems that incorporate digital biomarkers and predictive models
- Mentor junior staff and student interns
- Present and interpret results to a wide array of clinical, technical and lay audiences
- Participate in manuscript writing for results publication, authors abstracts, and presents at professional conferences.
Required Education & Training:
- PhD in clinical psychology, cognitive neuroscience, cognitive science, neuropsychology, experimental psychology or related field or PhD degree in or related field
- Knowledge or demonstrated interest in CNS diseases as demonstrated by relevant peer-reviewed publications, clinical experience, or related experience.
- Knowledge of CNS clinical assessment instruments (e.g., MADRS)
- Knowledge or demonstrated interest in neuropsychiatric diseases, such as schizophrenia and major depressive disorder.
- Knowledge of clinical research methods and clinical trial design and implementation
- Programming and data science familiarity (Python, SQL, cloud computing)
- 3+ years of experience with progressively more complex academic CNS research
- 3+ years experience working in a clinical setting or patient facing role
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the demonstrated ability to explain complex technical concepts to a lay audience.
- Demonstrated educational or professional scientific and technical writing experience
- Passion for science, research, and building innovative technologies in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
AddressNew York, NY
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at AiCure