Our client is a long-established agricultural co-operative with locations across central Ontario. We are currently conducting a search for an experienced Operations Manager (Feed and Agronomy) who will manage a team at their location in central ON.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role is responsible for the Feed Mill Operations and Agronomy, including grain handling, safety and maintenance, rolling stock, and customer service.
A comprehensive package including a competitive salary, a very attractive bonus plan, benefits, pension, and RRSP contribution matching, is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
● Supervises, leads, and develops assigned employees.
● Trains assigned employees to meet operational, safety and company and government regulatory and safety criteria.
● Responsible for monthly grain inventory measurements.
● Responsible for grain handling including incoming, stored, and outgoing grain. Maintains the grain quality, blending, and providing grain drying services.
● In coordination with Sales Managers and operations, oversees the production, management and distribution of chemicals, fertilizer and seed inventories.
● Oversees and implements grain pricing considering sample and inspection grade on all incoming and outgoing grain shipments.
● Provides professional customer service that result in increased sales.
● Ensures the maximum utilization efficiency of storage and grain handling equipment.
● Acts as a liaison for the department between branches and other company departments.
● Responsible for compliance (or exceeding) all operational, quality, government, regulatory and health and safety regulations as well as the maintenance and professional appearance of equipment, rolling stock and facilities.
● In collaboration Senior Management, ensure record keeping adheres to all required legislation.
● Prepare and present monthly reports as directed by the General Manager with regards to HR, financial statements and other data
● Follow direction to complete other tasks and projects as required.
● All other duties as assigned.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· A degree or diploma in Ag Economics, Ag Marketing or Agri-Business, or a combination of related education and experience.
· 3+ years of supervisory experience demonstrating the ability to provide successful leadership for location management.
· Prior experience in the agricultural industry with grain and crop inputs is required.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with livestock nutrition, including ration balancing.
· Strong understanding and practical experience with CFIA and HACCP regulatory and health and safety standards.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as additional web-based sites, and the ability to quickly learn and utilize new software.
· A valid Canadian driver’s license is required.