Sales Agronomist: California USA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a leading AgTech business that operates throughout selected international markets as part of a global group of Agri Technovation (AT) companies. As a fast-growing business, we are looking to expand our team with suitably qualified and experienced candidate/s looking for an opportunity to become part of our company and all it has to offer.
Science-based plant and soil health and nutrition is at the root of everything we do. Through our dynamic service offering (precision services, products and the use of our cloud-based data platform that supports informed decision making), we assist producers to increase their crop yields while reducing production costs. Our clients enjoy the benefit of one centralised access point for services, products and high-tech support. We also offer unique services to our clients, including MYSOIL CLASSIFICATION™, ITEST™ CARBOHYDRATES (first of its kind commercially available) and PICKLOGGER™, which offerings set us apart from our competitors.
A highly experienced leadership team drives the business with an acute ability to guide, inspire and lead all team members, ensuring strong focus on our mission - to create the most valuable synergy between crop performance and technology to all farmers.
We are immensely proud of what we have achieved so far and look forward to what’s to come – new challenges, new solutions, more innovation.
Position: Sales Agronomist
Our company is expanding its team in California and we're looking for Agronomist candidates who are experienced in citrus crops and blueberry production to become a part of our dynamic and rapidly growing company.
Our unique products are being rolled out in the California citrus market and we have a completely different approach to blueberry fertility than what is currently being offered to California Growers.
Purpose of the role: Identifying the needs of clients and recommending potential solutions utilizing company technologies, services and/or products to support business and client growth.
- Advise client on plant nutrition and soil sciences to optimize yield, quality and to enable them to make better decisions
- Have working knowledge of Variable Rate applications of product portfolio
- Providing technical recommendations to customers based on various analyses
- Identify and implement business opportunities to grow and expand AT’s market share
- Build and maintain relationships with customers through regular on-site visits to secure repeat business
- Marketing and selling products and services
- Establish and position yourself as a strategic and trusted partner
- Preparing and presenting technical presentations to clients and industry stakeholders.
- Gaining extensive knowledge relating to the use and application of the company’s products within a specific geographic location and crop types
- Participating in industry associations, trade shows, and conferences
- Conducting research and development to facilitate continuous product improvement
- Performing field trials
- Compile sales budgets and meeting sales budget
- Maintaining financial and administrative records
Skills and Capabilities
- Strong understanding of Fruit crops, precision agriculture, soil science, plant nutrition, data and ag-tech
- Performance driven
- Drive and energy to build a client base
- Customer focused
- Passionate about Agriculture
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English is mandatory
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on your own
- Computer literate
- Ability to market and sell products and services
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Deadline driven
- BS or AS Agronomy or Ag-related degree
- Established Ag grower customers in Central Valley
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in plant health or nutrition
We provide a great salary and commission structure, and benefits includes PTO, 401(k), 401(k) matching, life insurance and medical benefits
Get fresh Sales Agronomist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.