GPS Sales Associate
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is responsible for selling Precision Farming Technology, Equipment and Vantage Northwest, as a company, to our customer base. Performs cold calls, enhances and maintains customer contact with owner/principals to sell and influence the initial usage and/or continued usage of Trimble, Raven and other technology equipment and the products and services of Vantage Northwest. This role is to be a trusted consultant to the customer when making precision farming buying decisions.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers and potential customers.
- Develops and maintains the sales skills necessary to sell a premium priced product.
- Develops and maintains product knowledge on precision farming and Vantage Northwest products.
- Contacts prospective customers to determine customer needs, present product information and explain available services.
- Conducts product presentations to customer groups.
- Partners with Vantage Northwest departments to identify customers and provide solutions to current customers.
- Ensures product knowledge of Trimble and Vantage Northwest offerings are up to date.
- Communicates the needs and concerns of the territory to manager and ensure resolution is found and communicated to the customer.
- Completes call reports.
- Understands and uses offerings from finance companies.
- Adheres to all Vantage Northwest Standards.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Vantage Northwest. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Works within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of sales skills necessary to sell a premium priced product.
- Ability to develop and maintain product knowledge of precision and Vantage Northwest products.
- Proven competence in the four pillars of a sales professional: personal disciplines, relationship skills, strategic selling, and tactical selling.
- Ability to assess customer needs and evaluate customer satisfactions.
- Ability to quickly identify problems, approach work from a solutions-based focus, and develop creative solutions to complex issues.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft or other comparable systems required.
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Drive and maintain company vehicle.
- Must be a self starter and able to work without supervision.
- Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1 to 3 years sales experience in Technology equipment environment required. Agriculture experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
- Acceptable driving record and valid driver's license required.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
- Must be able to drive to customer locations.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
RetailView all jobs at Agri-Service