This Senior Title and Records Specialist is responsible for performing end-to-end registration and titling administration duties located full time at a dealer client site. This position ensures the accurate and efficient processing of vehicle titles for a dealer client by verifying title information is correct, maintaining knowledge of current laws regarding vehicle titles, and interacting with customers and regulatory agencies to resolve title issues. Position is a client facing role and requires strong customer facing & relationship management skills, along with subject matter expertise in vehicle registration and titling.
- Examine documents submitted by customers for motor vehicle titles and registrations.
- Review transactions submitted electronically to ensure the transaction is complete
- Complete paperwork to process title and registration transactions.
- Receive payments, including tax payments, from customers for vehicle registration and titling transactions.
- Verify information on documents, including but not limited to: taxes and fees, license plate, lienholder information, owner's information and mileage.
- Provide assistance to clients by responding to emails and return phone calls from Clients and Client Services
- Research complex issues and provide recommendations to leadership for resolution including title issues.
- Resolve issues with customers, as they are presented either upon discovery or in response to a customer call.
- Work exception queues identified by the system.
- Update & validate exception title in the system.
- Request funds to pay state fees.
- Resolve exceptions by completing documentation, submitting to the State, and/or working with the customers.
- Complete title validation.
- Monitor aging of titles.
- Retrieve new title docs sent by state.
- Record costs of fixing title.
- Provide accurate and friendly service to dealer clients and interact with other client dealer departments as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Specialized Knowledge and skills:
- 5 years of related experience required in the auction/automobile industry or at the Department of Motor Vehicles
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Effective client relationship and communication skills required
- Must possess strong attention to detail, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Basic computer software skills required.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.