Are you a natural collaborator who enjoys an exchange of ideas and puts people at ease; good at relationship building and working across functions and levels daily? Do people describe you as a nimble, flexible thinker with both strength of conviction and the ability to see an issue from multiple angles and perspectives? Do you question with curiosity, have an open mind, and present challenges with respect and new thinking? Then keep reading!
Agora International Holdings is looking for a Bi-Lingual Marketing Director to join their team. They're seeking a Marketing Director with 3-5 years of direct business experience to help identify opportunities for Agora products and services in Japan, including identifying possible partners, or acquisition targets. You should have experience or interest in the following...
- Maintain a high level of communication with the international CEO and be able to facilitate strategic conversations with potential business partners.
- Be able to take US and international successes and translate and share them with Japanese partners.
- Work with executive team to evaluate opportunities in Japan.
- Understand the various opportunities and challenges and relay them to Agora International team to help bridge the language/culture gap between Japan and US managers.
- Conduct research on Japanese market and attitudes to ensure alignment of products when taking US/European products into Japan.
- Understand how to negotiate Japanese regulatory environment to ensure compliance
What you need for this position
- Native or Fluent in Japanese with exceptional oral/written communication skills.
- A strong sense of Japanese business culture.
- Knowledge of the Japanese market – demographics, etc.
- Outstanding analytical, marketing, and project management skills.
- Solid marketing experience – direct response marketing knowledge highly preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset—a sense of urgency in everything you do.
- Ability to travel to Japan as requested.
The ideal candidate will have
- Industry experience – whether internet marketing, newsletter publishing or both.
- A history of initiative-taking – within either previous positions or candidate’s own personal endeavors.
What’s in it for you
- Excellent business and advancement opportunities--your value will be measured by both your ideas and your ability to execute.
- A creative, collaborative environment with the potential for travel.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link provided.