The Executive Director will bring a background in driving operating processes, project ownership, leadership, teamwork and ideally experience with health plans or medical groups. The person in this role must partner effectively with all key internal and external stakeholders, and be able to excel working in an ambiguous environment. The Executive Director will bring both the energy and initiative necessary to initially build and then scale a new operating platform in an emerging market place for risk-based healthcare.
Essential Job Functions:
- Function in a highly matrixed, fast-paced and team-based environment.
- Function as part of the agilon health market leadership team to drive initiatives with provider partners, payers and the enterprise MSO that support the market.
- Responsible for Market P&L and operating performance
- Responsibility for Operational Excellence initiatives and performance improvement initiatives
- Serves as primary lead with the health plans on operational matters & supports with health plan strategic initiatives
- In collaboration with the Market President, drives growth and planning initiatives and supports overall business development efforts
- Supports the operational infrastructure, with ongoing focus on organizational effectiveness, continued integration with agilon health and physician partners; focusing on how we enhance the ability to manage quality, utilization and the cost-of-care
- Support the development of innovative care models to create a world-class patient experience with high quality care
- Oversee project management functions including scope planning, schedule development, resource planning, budgeting, project plan development and maintenance, risk management, reporting, implementation, measures development, and project wrap up
- Drive high quality results by focusing on supporting the organizational needs
- Leverage and embrace technology to drive process improvement, operational efficiency, and improved clinical results
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to continue to define and support the agilon culture within the market and across the company
Other Job Functions:
- Understand, adhere to, and implement the Company's policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer services skills, including consistently displaying awareness and sensitivity to the needs of internal and/or external clients. Proactively ensuring that these needs are met or exceeded.
- Take personal responsibility for personal growth including acquiring new skills, knowledge, and information.
- Engage in excellent communication which includes listening attentively and speaking professionally.
- Set and complete challenging goals.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- 5+ years of experience within a healthcare and/or managed care operations
- Familiar with managed care products, healthcare operations, delivery systems, process improvement, and organizational effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to be a team player and exercise initiative in responding to provider requests and concerns in a helpful and courteous manner Provider contracting and customer service techniques General understanding of the health care industry, ideally the provider relations field-desired Excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills are required Exercise attention to detail; ability to provide accurate data entry Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, multi-task, complete projects in a timely fashion and meet deadlines a must Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills a must. Language Skills: Strong communication skills both written and verbal to work with multiple internal and external clients in a fast-paced environment Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Computer Skills: Ability to create and maintain documents using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)