Quality Technician - 2nd Shift
Agility Fuel Systems LLC Lincoln, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity with a Green Energy focused organization? Does the concept of “Clean Air Everywhere” energize you? If so, read on……! Our aim -- to bring world class products and testing capabilities to market which will create a level of enhanced safety within the composite pressure cylinder industry not envisioned today. Hexagon Agilty is a growing company, looking for highly motivated people to be part of our team that pushes revolutionary products, services, and world class manufacturing into the market.
Inspects product and monitors the manufacturing process according to established standards. Works with the Quality and Operations groups to ensure to ensure quality product is shipped to customers on time. Works under the guidance of the Quality Manager.
- 2nd Shift
- M-F 3:30pm-11:00pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct inspections and evaluations to identify nonconforming material and equipment.
- Support the nonconforming material system to implement containment and dispositions.
- Check whether established control plans are adequate and effective in all phases of production.
- Assist manufacturing operations to quickly identify, contain and permanently resolve quality issues.
- Perform internal Quality Management System and process audits.
- Maintain gage checking and calibration systems.
- Conduct targeted studies of process capability, and gage repeatability/reproducibility.
- Assist in the improvement of product and service quality by conducting root cause analysis, planning corrective and preventive actions, and verifying the results.
- Represent the Quality Team as a point of contact for daily production support.
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline is desired.
- Associate’s degree in Nondestructive Testing (NDT) is preferred.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Quality Technician (CQT) certification is preferred.
- Other ASQ certifications are desired, such as Quality Inspector, Quality Auditor, Quality Process Analyst, Six Sigma Green Belt, or Quality Improvement Associate.
- Mechanical Inspector and ASNT (Level II or III) certifications are desired.
- More than 3 years of experience in a Quality Control or Quality Assurance role required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or industrial work setting is required.
- Experience with ISO 9001 requirements is preferred.
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings and specifications is required.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience is desired.
- Experience with precision measurement devices and equipment is required.
- Experience with destructive and nondestructive testing methods is preferred.
- Experience with lean manufacturing tools (5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping) preferred.
- Training as an ISO 9001 auditor is preferred.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with SPC, gage R&R, and basic quality tools (check sheets, flow charts, control charts, histograms, and scatter diagrams) is preferred.
- Ability to achieve planned results by utilizing organization, prioritization and communication skills within a team environment is required. This includes recognizing internal customer expectations and deciding priorities accordingly.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to understand complex situations, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills relative to quality and technical issues is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight is required.
- Ability to reliably report status, performance and results is required.
- Basic level knowledge of MS Word and Excel required, Intermediate level is preferred.
- Basic level knowledge of MS Outlook is preferred.
- Ability to use various hand-held measuring devices is required.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to 10 hours or more per day is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. on a limited basis, and up to 40 lbs. occasionally is required.
- Ability to work with both hands and both feet on a regular basis is required.
- Have the flexibility to adjust work hours and schedule to support internal and external customer needs.
- Professional organization involvement is desired, such as American Society for Quality (ASQ) or other related.
Agility Fuel Systems LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Agility Fuel Systems LLC