Agilious is looking for a top-notch, seasoned Scrum Master to join our Agile Consulting practice. Our Agile consultants work closely with our customers to help them build enterprise software products using the Scrum framework. Our goal is to help our clients deliver value quickly and delight their end users by enabling healthy Agile mindset and practices.
Being part of a fast-growing technology team means having a lot of opportunities to learn. You will be directly contributing to the success of the team and the company in a highly visible way. As a member of the team, you will be working with talented developers to architect and develop cutting edge applications using the latest in web development and database technologies in the Microsoft stack.
The Scrum Master plays a critical role in facilitating the delivery of software products utilizing Scrum and the Agile Manifesto as the context guide for application of methods and practices. The Scrum Master will utilize applicable adaptations of Agile practices, principles and tools to deal with emerging challenges and impediments faces by teams. The Scrum Master will champion the execution of the Scrum framework within their assigned teams. The Scrum Master will coach the development team and the Product Owner on agile practices that complement the execution of Scrum.
The Scrum Master will support at least 2 Scrum teams, and no more than 3 Scrum teams, at any given time and be able to provide 'Just In Time' training to team members on techniques and practices of the Scrum framework and Agile Manifesto.
What You Will Do
• Facilitate Release Planning and Sprint Zero Activities
• Coach the team through the process of creating and refining Definition of Done
• Coach the team through the process of creating and refining Definition of Ready
• Coach and assist the Product Owner with Product Backlog lifecycle management
• Facilitate Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Retrospectives and Sprint Reviews
• Demonstrate value-add principles to a team
• Ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to
• Notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to appropriate leadership
• Grow his or her craft constantly, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
• Facilitate discussion and facilitate consistent Transparency, Inspection and Adaption throughout the process in ways that will promote value to the organization
• Ensure extrinsic transparency is baked into the culture of the team to facilitate real-time knowledge sharing with the business and the rest of the IS department.
• Build a trusting environment where the team is comfortable raising issues without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving
• Facilitate evolution of trust and foster collaboration amongst the larger team spectrum of AGS inclusive of goals, plans, and obstacles thereby growing trust amongst the team, with the business and all other stakeholders
- Supervisory or Management Responsibility: None
- Budget Responsibility: None
- Decision Making Level: None
What You Will Need
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
• Knowledge of the basic Scrum Framework
• Familiarity with common agile practices and how to leverage them to provide value to a team
• Understanding of the basic fundamentals of the software development lifecycle
• Understanding the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
• Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics
• Understanding of Product Backlog management, velocity, Product Increments
• B.S. in Computer Science, Business, or related major with 5+ years of relevant work experience
• 5 - 3 years of experience using SCRUM techniques
• 1 -2 years of experience using other Agile methods like Kanban preferred
• 5+ years of working with the Agile values and principles
• 5+ years of experience in assisting in the delivery of information technology projects and initiatives with an IT organization
• Currently holding Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
Why Work at Agilious
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way:
- We hire smart people.
- We encourage our team to raise their hand when they see opportunity to change our existing processes
- We value culture and believe our business thrives in the diversity of our teams.
- We offer company paid medical benefits that are designed to support our employees.
- We offer competitive salaries and a 401(k) plan with profit sharing.
- We operate like a startup with a proven business model that's growing fast!
- We have Casual dress code (jeans are welcome).
- We have an amazing professional development program allows you to stay current and on top of your field.
- We are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- We encourage creativity and embrace change.
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- We collaborate with our leadership team on a daily basis to ensure vision alignment and transparency as an organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.