To assemble products in accordance with established standards.
1. Assemble established complex harnesses as well as new and first time builds with minimal supervision.
2. Work closely with process engineering to gather all necessary documentation and information (e.g. correct crimp tools, proper wire cut and strip lengths, and appropriate drawings and travelers) to move product build into production.
3. Read and understand drawings, travelers, bills of material, and schematics.
4. Use measuring tools, crimp tools, wire cutting equipment and stripping machines.
5. Assist and guide lower level operators in the fabrication of harnesses.
6. Interpret customer documentation and assist in developing build documentation for production operators.
7. Solder pins, contacts and solder cups, micro-miniature, solder sleeves, bus wire splice.
8. Spot tie, continuous lacing and flat lacing.
9. Perform spot checks of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
10. Notify management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
11. Adhere to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
12. Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
13. Maintain an organized and clean work area.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.