Verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
1. Domestic and International shipping experience is required.
- Arrange International Freight, Bill of Ladings, Waybills & Pick-up Schedules
- Determine Associated Costs
- Knowledge of acceptable shipping materials and methods
1. Performs transactions in operating system as required in recording of all outgoing shipment information.
2. Prepares shipping documents, package the goods in shipping containers using spacers, fillers and protective padding. Properly address and label shipments, ensuring correct freight or postal rates are used
3. Ensure all customer shipping instructions/requirements are met
4. Arrange pickups with carriers outside of normal pickup schedules.
5. Coordinate hand carries, occasionally required to deliver hand carries
6. May direct others in preparing outgoing shipments.
7. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies, submit replenishment requests as needed
8. May have to use scanners, postage machines, scales and in some cases, operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey or hoist shipments to shipping and receiving platform to perform these job duties.
9. Responsible for keeping shipping & dock area clear & safe of material and debris
10. Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
11. Ability to follow all written and oral instructions.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Degree: High School diploma/GED preferred
2-5 years in shipping – receiving