The Gas Utility Construction GIS Mapper performs construction sketches for the replacement of medium pressure gas main lines and service lines for the Southern California Gas Company (“Company”) DIMP DREAMS Project.
- Prepare Base Sketches utilizing GIS/GWD to show property ownership, substructures, and other preliminary information needed to plan the replacement, relocation or addition of main pipelines and services.
- Development of construction sketches utilizing GIS/GWD per Company’s sketching and mapping requirements. Sketches will identify required construction material; satisfy agency permitting requirements and ROW/easements; provide all necessary information for appropriate field construction; and meet Company reconciliation and mapping requirements.
- Engagement, communication, and coordination with key Company Operations and Technical Services personnel to conduct necessary project reviews and approvals as well as address any questions that may arise from projects that may be in construction or reconciliation.
- Experience using GIS/GWD to develop base sketches and construction sketches.
- Knowledge of construction practices and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret utility maps and prints to identify underground utilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work in Brea, CA.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, both cohesively with a team and independently to accomplish large tasks.
- Familiar with the following programs: SAP, Adobe Illustrator, Snagit.
- Previous experience in underground utilities GIS mapping (gas, electric, telecommunications, sanitary sewer, water lines).
- Undergraduate degree in Geographic Information Science
- Certificate in GIS
Agile Sourcing Partners