As part of the Finance & Accounting team (a support center that provides resources, data, tools, and is charged with driving process integrity to the entire organization), the Accounting Associate performs general accounting support duties with primary responsibility of accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers. This position requires a strong emphasis on customer service and interaction with members of the entire organization. The Accounting Associate will report directly to the Accounting manager.
Accounts Payable Transactions
- Receive and post supplier invoices into SX accurately and timely.
- Ensure that a proper 3-way Match is performed and any exceptions are researched and resolved.
- Perform a regular review of the Goods Received not Invoiced Report to ensure that aged items are investigated and resolved.
- Ensure that any EPD discounts (if applicable) are calculated accurately.
- Ensure that supplier payment terms are accurate in SX.
- Assist in ensuring various AP research projects are completed timely and accurately.
- Escalate any issues identified in the AP process are escalated to the appropriate level of Management.
- Demonstrate the ability to research and resolve Accounts Payable issues and understand the impact to the GL. Accounts.
- Perform regular review of vendor statements.
- Research and process Credit Memos and ensure proper return process is followed in Sx.
Accounts Receivable and Customer Invoicing
- Prepare Customer invoices accurately and timely with the goal of issuing invoice within 48 hours of receipt of shipment or related AP invoice.
- Ensure that Customer specific information is properly presented on the invoice including the identification of taxable and non-taxable items.
- Demonstrate the ability to research and resolve Customer Invoicing issues and understand the impact to the GL.
- Verify customer returns and create credit memos to customer account.
- Assist in the identification and collection of any aged outstanding balances, by routinely contacting Customer accounts payable department for status update
Reporting and Analysis
- Perform month end review of invoices for cut-off and proper recording in the appropriate period.
- Complete month-end Close checklist.
- Prepare as needed “ad-hoc” reporting and analysis.
- Other related duties as periodically required
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Must possess strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong proficiency with MS Word and Excel, and have the ability to scrutinize the details.
- Requires excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to be patient and outgoing with people