San Francisco, CA
Minimum of 10 years technical experience with network infrastructure, information security architecture and
application system deployment projects.
• Minimum of 5 years technical experience with state government IT projects.
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in a government agency and interfacing with other government agencies or
• Minimum of 3 years technical experience with various data center environments.
• Experience working on multiple simultaneous IT projects throughout the entire life cycle from design to deployment.
• Experience managing technical projects, including conflict resolution, issue escalations, status reporting and resource
• Knowledgeable of enterprise network infrastructure design concepts such as
o Multi-tier application system design
o Client / server system architecture
o System security policies and procedures
o Data center technology infrastructure
o Web-based application deployment
o Multi-vender platform integration
o PKI administration
o Infrastructure capacity planning
o Telecommunication infrastructure
o Networking concepts: routing, switching, security, remote access, proxy
o Cloud migration
• Ability to convert business requirements into a technical design and implementation plan.
• Ability to analyze issues from system documentation and recommend solutions.
• High level of technical writing experience.
• Excellent oral, written, analytical and communication skills with the ability to lead a technical discussion to both
technical and non-technical staff.
• Excellent presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences, including creating and presenting
executive summaries to management and technical committees.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and conflict resolution skills.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office 365 including migration to, domain name services, managed file transfer
systems, and firewall access control lists.
Additional Skills/Qualifications Desired:
Previous project experience with the following state agencies and their systems:
• California Department of Motor Vehicles
• California Department of Justice
• Experience with local or Federal IT Projects
Experience with SNA Gateway technologies such as Microsoft HIS
• Experience with Cloud computing
• Conceptual understanding of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud,
IBM and Oracle Cloud Platforms
• Samples of relevant published work are desired such as technical implementation
plans, architectural as-built documentation, test plans, scope of work, project summary
sheets, high level network diagrams, etc.