The Field Support Analyst I will provide hands-on IT infrastructure support in a heavy-industry plant environment. The Field Support Analyst is an IT Infrastructure Generalist with specific expertise to provide users support and maintenance in desktop computer environment. The successful candidate will possess excellent technology skills, as well as a strong work ethic and customer service focus.
The Field Support Analyst is responsible for installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance at the plant facilities. Safety is the Core Value ; the Field Support Analyst will make Safety the first priority in the execution of all work activities including monitoring contractor/vendor Safety in support of work efforts. The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of desktop technologies and their application in an enterprise environment. The list of technical responsibilities includes:
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver the required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC hardware, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
- Collaborate with network technicians/administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming tickets, calls, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers.
- Ensure that physical desktop connections (i.e. RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between PCs and servers, etc.) are in proper working order.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- Provide support of all desktop personal computers and related equipment and to ensure that all employees have the appropriate tools to perform their job function and that these tools are kept in working order and, where necessary, repaired with the minimum of user disruption. hands on position - will be meeting face to face with end users.
- The job qualifications would normally be met through attainment of an undergraduate degree or vocational certificate, or 2 years of experience in information systems, preferably in a technology environment.
- Duties require staff to exercise a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- 2-3 years desktop/desk-side support with exceptional customer service.
- Knowledge of operating systems, microsoft office suite and software applications.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting software applications. knowledge base is available for client’s proprietary software applications.
- Experience with active directory administration.
· 1-2 years experience supporting an enterprise network, or equivalent experience preferred
· General IT Infrastructure support, as required, including:
o PC troubleshooting & installation or equivalent IT Infrastructure support experience
o Desktop application support; Software installation & management
o Printer / MFD support
· Valid driver’s license.
· 24/7 off-hours support including weekends and evenings as required
· Bachelor's Degree required or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
Critical Competencies for Success:
· Ability to work Safely and independently in a plant environment
· Possesses strong oral and written communication skills; able to articulate ideas and listen effectively
· Candidate must be a self-starter demonstrating excellent time management & organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize multiple, concurrent work activities
· Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with customers, peers and vendors at all organizational levels
· Demonstrated commitment to customer service
· The prospective applicant must have an excellent work ethic and be willing to extend the extra effort required to meet critical completion time lines in support of plant needs
· Project management experience is a plus