Agente Staffing Kankakee County, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Mission strives to develop and market branded Kankakee County destination experiences to enhance community economic growth and quality of life.
Our Organization Snapshot
Founded in 1983 as a 501 (c) 6, we are the official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for Kankakee County’s 22 communities. We currently have one full-time team member and an 11 member Board of Directors which guides the organization to fulfill its vision and mission as a regional-based DMO. Our objective is to attract visitors through brand marketing and promotion, event and meeting recruitment and work alongside our stakeholders to make Kankakee County a premier destination for visitors. We focus on economic development through tourism and enhancing the region’s quality of life and believe with our whole hearts that teamwork makes the dream work!
As the Sales Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our mission and those that travel to our destination. You will be responsible for selling convention and meeting business, sporting events, group sales and services and promoting Kankakee County to leisure travelers. Extensive public contact is a major responsibility.
What it takes.
As Sales Manager:
· Set expectations to create a self-motivated culture of success and grow sales.
· Participate in the development of sales and marketing strategies to promote the destination.
· Define and achieve sales goals that align with expectations and mission of the company.
· Identify and evaluate potential growth opportunities and solicit local, state, regional and national business.
· Prepare customized bid proposals, conduct presentations and follow up as necessary.
· Oversee meeting or tour services to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
· Plan and execute cooperative programs, familiarization trips, client events, site visits and sales missions.
· Develop and maintain relationships with local partners to create and implement a sales development plan focusing on non-peak season and backyard business.
· Participate in industry trade shows and provide lead follow up and measurement.
· Represent company at various local, state, regional and national industry meetings.
· Act as liaison between company and Illinois Council of Convention & Visitors Bureau (ICCVB) niche market groups.
· Prepare analysis of sales impact, including monthly, quarterly and yearly sales reports and assist Executive Director with quarterly state grant reporting.
· Maintain and manage CRM database (iDSS) client information, distribute group sales leads and track activity.
· Coordinate and sustain CRM (iDSS) training program for hotel partners.
· Collaborate closely with communications team to develop branded digital content and targeted messaging.
· Assist in creating content for use in promotional materials and sales publications.
· Stay current on industry trends and recommend/implement changes accordingly.
· Maintain current knowledge of all hotels, venues and tourism assets in Kankakee County.
· Build and drive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
· Assist in department budget preparation and control expenditures to budgetary requirements.
· Perform other responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
And finally, it’s not what you know, it’s who you know. Maintain professional relationships with:
· Our team and board of directors.
· Industry partners, ex. hotels, restaurants, attractions, retail.
· Key contacts at local, state, regional and national levels.
· Vendors and suppliers.
Critical knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Willingness to work well in a fast-paced, “open space” team environment.
· Work hours as agreed and give advance notice of any necessary schedule changes.
· Flexibility with evening/weekend meetings and events and ability to attend as necessary.
· Ability to be exposed to all weather conditions including rain, wind, snow and extreme temperatures.
· Dress appropriately for a professional office environment.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the public.
· Ability to interact with a variety of individuals within and outside of the company.
· Ability to deal with and solve practical problems.
· Capable of simultaneously managing multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
· Play a leadership role inside and outside the organization.
· Have a good understanding of the tourism industry and its trends.
· Have strong interpersonal skills that allow for success in a team environment.
· Possess confident communication capabilities in both written and verbal forms.
· See the big picture while being able to implement effective strategies and tactics.
· Must be able to manage own time and priorities to ensure that deliverables are completed on time, within budget, achieving the desired scope and the required level of quality.
· Must be detail-oriented.
· Must be committed to providing prompt responses to inquiries and requests and being relentless in following up until tasks are complete.
· Enthusiastically network.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; will teach CRM, point of sale software and others as necessary.
· Willingness to embrace and adhere to company standards and corporate culture.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and current automotive insurance.
Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited university or college and/or related experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Previous experience with knowledge of Kankakee County attributes, venues, hotels and attractions. Destination/tourism experience is a plus. Candidate should demonstrate an innovative use of research, strategy, creativity, collaboration and project management skills to produce meaningful results. Candidate should project professionalism and confidence while willing to roll up sleeves when necessary. Integrity, innovation, initiative and integration form the basis of all work and relationships.
· Office work: Light exertion up to 20 lbs. force occasionally and/or up to 10lbs. frequently.
· During events: Medium exertion up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently.
· Perform repetitive tasks/motions.
· Ability to see.
· Hear alarms/telephones/normal speaking voice.
· Have good manual dexterity.
· Have good eye-hand-foot coordination.
Agente StaffingWhy Work Here?
Great service, locally owned and operated!
Agente Staffing is a family owned and operated staffing agency that provides personal service with care. We pride ourselves on matching the right candidate with the right employer.
AddressKankakee County, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Agente Staffing