We are currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our Manchester, NH Team! Compensation is $37,000
What it means to work at Fedcap
The Fedcap Group is a family of companies that provides programs and services that changes the lives of persons with barriers. We help individuals move toward independence as valued members of their communities and in the workplace. Fedcap was one of the first vocational rehabilitation programs for the physically disabled in the United States and has broadened its services to address many more people who are marginalized. An organization started in 1935 by three World War I veterans who came home from war and could not find work because of their injuries, has become a vibrant organization where the opportunities are endless. Fedcap employees take pride in their work and enrich the lives of others. We are each a part of a team that makes a difference every day and provide the “Power of Possible.”
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for completing all Agency payrolls accurately and timely and develop a positive relationship with various department heads within the Agency. This position reports to the Payroll Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete all Agency payrolls accurately and timely.
- Prepare manual checks on an as needed basis.
- Process and audit payroll related paperwork.
- Manage the internal controls of the payroll department, conducting periodic internal audits.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans, when appropriate.
- Create and prepare payroll reports to include reports for department heads, as requested.
- Prepare and forward journal entries related to payroll. Prepare payroll related account reconciliations.
- Serve as Liaison between department heads and payroll department. Ensure positive relations and enhance customer satisfaction. Delegation of research requests to payroll staff, as needed.
- Assist in the development of new and improvement of existing processes and automated systems, i.e.: streamline processes to eliminate duplication, reduce paperwork, simplify user requirements and modify approvals necessary to ensure adequate controls while balancing against cost/benefit considerations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. This job description is not deigned to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years’ experience processing payroll with an emphasis on payroll accounting.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations as they relate to payroll.
- Familiarity with payroll software required.
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V.