The B2B Marketing Manager will work in conjunction with the Director of Marketing to create marketing strategies and programs to assist and support the Convention Sales & Services department in meeting their objectives.
Position Overview: The primary focus of the B2B Marketing Manager is the management of our client’s advertising and marketing programs for the meetings and convention industry including development and integration of the brand image and messaging into all aspects of the department’s sales and marketing efforts. He or she will work in partnership with the Director of Marketing, brand team, and media agencies to develop convention marketing strategies and creative/media plans. The Marketing Manager will supervise the Marketing Associate Representative.
B2B Marketing Manager Requirements:
- Develop marketing plans to achieve strategic plans and objectives
- Experienced in developing integrated digital marketing campaigns
- Lead advertising campaigns and work with ad agency and media reps to implement brand and co-op media plans, and evaluate results to ensure effectiveness
- Provide information on trends, messaging tactics, etc. through interaction with the sales team
- Maintain overall responsibility for the client's website effectiveness and growth to achieve KPI goals
- Manage opt-in database and quarterly e-newsletter development and distribution
- Provide marketing and attendance building support to citywide clients working cross-functionally with other teams
- Negotiate sponsorship and/or partnerships with major industry organizations
- Attend and participate with presentation support related meetings and events including but not limited to Convention Sales meetings, Convention Hotel Sales & Marketing Committee, etc.
- Assists in the development of annual budget and manage all employer's meetings and conventions marketing programs to budget
- Serve as brand ambassador by enforcing brand standards
- Collaborate with management of all employer departments to create marketing synergies and opportunities to the benefit of the employer and its partners overall
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with marketing concentration preferred
- 5+ years' experience in marketing
- Previous work in convention/meetings sales industry and/or media buying/digital experience a strong plus
- Must have exceptional organizational and communications skills
Next Steps: If you feel qualified and are interested in this position, apply today!