Agency EA Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
EA Collective is a portfolio of complementary but unique agency divisions that support brands throughout their development, including storytelling, content and experiences. At its core, EA Collective and the divisions within, believe in pushing creative boundaries, delivering the highest quality work, and serving as true partners for its clients at any stage of their brand journey.
The portfolio, which has plans to continue expanding into various other disciplines in response to specific client needs, currently includes:
Agency EA, an MBE-certified, award-winning brand experience agency, known for its strategic vision, inspired creative and seamless executions. Agency EA unites brands and audiences through user events, worldwide event programs, summits, conferences, and product launches.
Storyhorse, run by industry veterans, is a branding house with the strategic know-how and creative muscle to build brands that not only make an impact, they last. Its services include research and strategy, messaging and visual identities, style guides, and rollout tactics.
Studio Sage, a full-service, state-of-the-art broadcast and green screen studio for the age when content is queen. Specialties include webcasts and webinars, virtual events and conference broadcasts, and corporate and brand videos.
EA Collective is looking for dreamers and doers who have the passion to champion big ideas and the talent to bring them to life. Being an MBE-certified agency and a place of acceptance and open dialogue, we strive to foster a culture where differences are not just valued, but celebrated. Come do your best and be your best in a casual yet vibrant workplace where we prioritize professional and personal growth, commit to causes we believe in, and ensure a diverse and inclusive community.
This position is full time, based in Chicago and will include both remote and in-office work as well as travel.
The Studio Technician will be responsible for support and oversight of all technical aspects of Studio Sage pertaining to operational facility maintenance and production support in the forms of project management, equipment operation, and general technical services. The studio technician will work in collaboration with studio project managers to plan, execute, and post-produce as needed for all internal projects and all client projects alike - in studio, remote, live, hybrid, or on location. Studio Technician will contribute leadership skills and oversight in the areas of virtual and live event broadcast/video production, vMix operation, transmission protocols, post-production workflows, inventory control, equipment maintenance, IT & software management/integrations, speaker support, and other general studio services as required. When applicable, Studio Technician will provide services in the field for broadcast transmissions and technical setup & operation of gear as needed, including but not limited to production bots, encoders, cameras, audio & lighting packages, etc.
This position will be a contributing member of the Studio Sage team and reports directly to the General Manager.
- Ability to work in a green screen and broadcast studio environment with general expertise in lighting, video, sound, and scenic.
- Assist in coordination of all studio/event logistics from conception to completion, including all aspects of live event execution including but not limited to content management, broadcast/transmission, destination management, platform integrations, records, editing/post-production, equipment, onsite crew needs, signal flows, studio schematics, power distribution plans, etc.
- Assist production lead when needed all areas of the program’s lighting, audio, video, rigging, scenic/fabrication, media/content creation, and IT systems
- Ability to own and facilitate individual project needs when assigned
- Assist lead producer in managing Technical Run of Show, scripts, run downs, and all associated creative elements for complete program development
- Assist in collaboration with clients and agency departments from ideation through the actualization of a project
- Assist lead producer with team communication and oversight of all technical studio project deadlines and deliverables
- Assist in management of all vendor-partner sourcing, independent contractor deals, and external speakers/talent as required for all studio programs
- Provide inventive, dynamic, and confident problem-solving skills
- Ensure all projects are produced to the highest quality of standards and that objectives and deliverables are met
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to continue to learn and develop skills within the studio
- 5+ years experience with operating production equipment, gear and softwares
- Experience working in a studio environment on traditional video production and live broadcast production
- Ability to operate vMix, studio cameras, video elements, audio packages, and lighting set-ups
- Experience leading project teams with multiple crew, operators and line producer positions
- Experience working with traditional pre-production broadcast resources, templates and paperwork
- Experience in media management, codecs, file types, and design files for video and graphic elements
- Experience in an agency or collaborative office and project management structure with multi-disciplinary departments
- Experience in working with union labor, AV crews, and specialized technical operators
- Comfortable with direct end-client communications and expectation management
- Experience in working with Fortune 500 level CEOs and Executives, celebrity talent, musicians, artist groups, and keynote/guest speakers
- High proficiency in standard industry freelance rates and freelance contract negotiations
- High proficiency in the G-Suite line of products, as well as Excel, Word, PPT, and ShowFlo (or other virtual ROS resources)
- Experience with post-production software(s) and ability to edit a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD, Vectorworks, and/or Rhino a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and displays confidence based on experience.
Powered by JazzHR
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Agency EA