Assistant Supply Chain Manager
This position manages and/or supervises a team of 2-4 buyers and logisticians, which encompasses independent planning, assigning and organizing work assignments to meet Company’s goals and requirements in a streamlined team atmosphere. This includes performance management of individual goals, objectives, training and development. As well as partnering with other leaders, departments and vendors to achieve company objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Purchases merchandise or commodities for resale by performing the following duties.
· Prepare and develop strategies and tactics for negotiations. Utilize the Corporate ERP System for procurement purchase order and contract management.
· Negotiate costs, create and issue purchase and contract documents, expedite as necessary.
· Work closely with plants for all supply chain needs especially during plant outages.
· Analyze vendor costs and industry market conditions, trends and lead times.
· Analyze and evaluate pricing structure within assigned industries. Identify, select and qualify suppliers for the supply of assigned goods or services.
· Work closely with Supply Chain Services’ Strategic Procurement and Sourcing & Contract management teams to identify and implement process improvements to gain better quality, service and lead times from suppliers.
· Use data and trends to predict needs.
· Use continuous improvement techniques to improve plant relationships, make process improvements, lower costs and realize efficiencies.
· Train internal customers on procurement procedures and assist with issue resolution.
· Perform audits of the purchasing function at site.
· Obtains quotes on price and availability, places orders with vendors at the best possible prices for materials and/or supplies that meet all quality requirements.
· Schedules delivery of materials with delivery schedules that support production requirements.
· Negotiate blanket agreements and contracts as required, performs vendor selection and survey, and prepares documentation for the purchasing clerk to use in preparation of the Purchase Order.
· Solicits quotes for and secures transportation for inbound shipments. Prepares all necessary shipping documentation and coordinates arrivals with production and/or project management.
· Requires regular contact at all organizational levels, both internal and external, the exercise of discretion and tact in negotiating, and a well-developed sense of strategy and timing.
· All other duties as assigned.
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others. The following positions report directly to this position:
· Directly manages and/or supervises 4-6 employees in the Procurement and Logistics Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Proven experience leading teams.
- Proven Sourcing and/or Contracting experience a plus.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and ERP System).
- Excellent communications skills – oral and written.
- Customer Focus – ability to work in plant environments to ensure timely delivery and quality of procurement services.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance or Supply Chain.,
- Minimum 5-10 years Supply Chain experience.
- 3 -5 years Contracting and Strategic Sourcing experience
- 5 years Management and Supervisory experience
- CPSM or CPM certification desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Those typical of an office environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Those typical of an office environment.