Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. We develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product
Early Learning Academy is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 learning app and website for children ages 2 through 8. More than 20 million children worldwide have completed over 5 billion learning activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched
Adventure Academy, the first educational massively multiplayer online (MMO) game, serving elementary and middle school children with thousands of learning activities in a fun and safe virtual world. Other programs include an immersive English language learning product for children in China; ReadingIQ, a world-class digital library with thousands of curated books; and a groundbreaking adaptive learning system that personalizes math instruction for every learner.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. Through our Education Access Initiatives, we make ABCmouse available at no cost to millions of children through schools, libraries, Head Start programs, and community centers-including public housing authorities and after-school programs.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we're looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team!
Age of Learning, Inc., is looking for an outstanding Senior Research Analyst to lead analyses of quantitative and qualitative data related to the efficacy of our digital educational programs. The Senior Research Analyst will be a key part of the Efficacy Research & Evaluation team, which designs, implements, and analyzes research studies evaluating the effectiveness of ABCmouse and other Age of Learning products in improving children's learning outcomes.
The Senior Research Analyst will oversee the management of all quantitative and qualitative data collected from all of the efficacy research studies being conducted by the Efficacy Research team. This includes cleaning, organizing, coding, and maintaining all of the quantitative and qualitative data collected across efficacy research studies. This individual will also conduct preliminary descriptive analyses of data as well as appropriate statistical/qualitative analyses to draw conclusions from the data. The Senior Research Analyst will work closely with members of other teams to provide analyses of data from efficacy studies to support ongoing product and curriculum development, various proposals, marketing and communication efforts, and research dissemination work, ultimately to improve educational outcomes for millions of children across the world.
- Employ a range of tools to clean raw data (quantitative and qualitative) generated from various efficacy studies and organize them into files /formats that can be readily manipulated / analyzed
- Conduct data validation checks to ensure that all data are error-free
- Extract game usage data / game analytics from databases and conduct analyses to generate insights about how certain game features / activities / lessons are producing learning gains
- Produce descriptive reports of data, highlights on specific findings, and summaries of formative and summative data collection efforts
- Apply appropriate statistical, qualitative methods, and coding techniques to answer various research questions, identify patterns in the data, and test hypotheses/theories
- Collaborate with teams of specialists in related areas (e.g., data scientists, data engineers, cognitive scientists, learning analytics researchers, curriculum specialists, game designers) to produce insights and actionable results for designers and developers
- Use visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, R) to clearly communicate relevant analysis results to both internal and external stakeholders
- Work with curriculum experts, designers, and product developers to generate relevant research questions and conduct the appropriate analyses designed to demonstrate the effectiveness of specific aspects of products on learning outcomes
- Ph.D. or Master's degree in education, psychology, statistics, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and research experience
- Expertise and background in research design, evaluation research, quantitative and qualitative research methods, and various analytic approaches
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently use various software to analyze and code quantitative and qualitative data (e.g., SPSS, Stata, R, Dedoose)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Snowflake, and other software to clean and extract data, analyze data, create dashboards, and other associated tasks
- Experience writing research reports, proposals, and academic journal articles
- Experience presenting research findings to a broad range of audiences and at conferences
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to a lay audience
- Capacity to collaborate effectively with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Medical, Dental, Vision + 401k
Highly competitive PTO policy
Casual Dress Code
Snacks + Drinks (Coca Cola Freestyle Machine)
Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+ games)
Frequent team and company outings
Limitless opportunities for professional growth!