- Over a month ago
We are currently seeking a Sales Agronomist! Do you have a passion for sales, servicing growers, and have a strong agronomic background? Are you competitive with a high drive to yield strong results? Do you love Agriculture and love to be on the cutting edge? Join our sales team today!
We are seeking a motivated individual who will be responsible, under the direction of the Agronomy Leader, for establishing professional customer relationships with an emphasis creating tremendous customer experience while focusing on business growth. By focusing on service to increase value to the customer's total business and provide solutions to agronomy and crop production challenges by performing the following duties.
- Conduct territory planning and management by:
- Identifying and prioritizing customers and prospects.
- Developing action plans for increasing targeted customers business.
- Working with Agronomy Lead for inventory planning and forecasting.
- Maintaining sales contracts & bookings.
- Generating leads for grain sales through referrals and cross-selling.
- Completing paperwork to ensure contracts is completed; maps of the field are drawn so applicators get to the correct place.
- Serving as an advisor to product management with the sole objective of assisting their efforts in incorporating new products or services that would be of benefit to our growers. Mentoring the introduction of these new products to the entire sales organization.
- Generate sales revenue by:
- Performing sales calls on current and prospective customers
- Presenting products such as chemical, fertilizer, fungicide, and more, services, and the added value the company as designed by the Company.
- Handling objections and complaints in a timely manner.
- Gaining business through new customers.
- Deliver outstanding customer service by:
- Making sound and ethical agronomic recommendations in order to maximize profitability for our customers.
- Facilitating a communication channel between our customer and the Company.
- Working swiftly with customers, suppliers, and management to resolve product/service complaints in fair and equitable fashion.
- Developing business plan for growers and work with them to ensure the plan is met.
- Consulting with growers working in the field on their product quality/standards and applications needed in their operation.
- Demonstrate sound agronomic skills:
- Interpreting soil tests and nutrient maps
- Building fertility recommendations based upon available data
- Conducting weed, insect, and plant disease identification
- Building pesticide recommendations based upon plant growth stage, pest, pressure, etc.
- Ensuring thorough knowledge of seed genetics and ability to recommend best available hybrids.
- 3 + years related experience in an Ag Sales role in a cooperative, Ag Retailer, Seed Dealer or similar industry
- Bachelor’s degree in an Agriculture related field is a plus, but is not required
- Must have a valid IA motor license.
- Certified Crop Advisor preferred
AddressAlbert City, IA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?