The IT Support Technician position plays a key role in providing IT support for employees throughout the company. This person is responsible for providing technical support for end-user computing equipment, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, desk phones, printers, and related peripherals. Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting, customer service, and work ethic are a must. Beyond problem solving, this role maintains and updates computer equipment and systems, enforces policies to promote data security, and trains other employees how to remedy basic computer technical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and prioritize requests from employees for technology assistance on PC and mobile devices, MS Office suite of products, network printing and LAN access.
- Assess nature of technical issues to determine appropriate actions via desk-side assistance or remote access and resolve outstanding issues.
- Maintain help desk incident and change management tracking system by logging calls/emails.
- Configure, manage, and deploy Windows Group Policies
- Configure, manage, and deploy anti-virus software and updates to company devices
- Track and report health/compliance of IT assets (Desktops, laptops, mobile, printers, hand-held scanners, etc.)
- Plan and manage recurring annual PC Lifecycle replacements
- Install and upgrade hardware such as PC workstations and servers.
- Remediate any virus or malware compromised computer systems.
- May be required to perform after-hours or weekend support for critical issues
- Other related duties as assigned by IS Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficient skill level in supporting MS Windows and Linux operating systems
- Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Basic skill level with MS Server 2008R2 and later
- Detailed knowledge of desktop, laptop, workstation, and printer hardware
- Experience configuring and managing Windows Group Policies
- Experience configuring and managing anti-virus solutions
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with MS Windows and Linux operating systems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with MS Office suite and 3rd party Antivirus products
- Minimum 2 years’ experience troubleshooting desktop, laptop, mobile, and printer issues
Preferred Additional Skills
- Proficient skill level in supporting MacOS operating systems
- ZenDesk ticket management experience
- ESET antivirus administration experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent (required)
- CompTIA Linux + or equivalent (not required but a plus)
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (not required but a plus)
- Microsoft technologies and other industry certifications are desirable