- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Accounting Specialist will perform routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and accurate financial record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Includes the following and other duties may be assigned.)
- Daily tasks including: pulling all Cardtrol fuel transactions into our accounting software; preparing and posting bulk fuel and propane delivery tickets; maintaining Cardtrol inventory and sales spreadsheets; assisting customers with fuel cards including making new and replacement cards.
- Invoicing bulk oil totes and fuel tank leases, maintaining appropriate spreadsheet and reconciling with the general ledger.
- Invoicing direct fuel, bulk oil and DEF deliveries.
- Posting stock additions for fuel and oil purchases.
- Keeping UST Reports up to date daily.
- Month end and annual energy reporting including Husker Oil and all necessary fuel tax returns.
- Assisting customers in person and on the phone including taking fuel orders and dispatching to fuel truck drivers by email/text.
- Implementation and maintenance of Energy software programs.
- Assisting with preparing, entering, and tying-out all energy prepay contracts.
- Helping with mailing of monthly account receivable statements.
- Emailing Fire Marshall Monthly Propane Safety Checks.
- Operating Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook for reports and correspondence.
- Daily housekeeping of work area.
- Following sound business principles in the supervision and coordination of the activities of the cooperative.
- Reporting to manager any cost saving opportunities.
- Securing facilities and equipment when closing.
- Promoting and adhering to the company Core Values of honesty, integrity & teamwork.
- Adherence to safety policies.
- Adherence to cooperative credit policy.
- Works with other cooperative staff at other locations to ensure cooperative goals are met.
- Presenting a clean and professional appearance.
- Promptly and regularly report to work and work overtime hours as needed.
- Employee is required to perform all other duties as directed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, demands and environments described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have a high school diploma. Office experience with computer skills is beneficial. Must be able to operate a 10-key calculator and computer.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of the cooperative.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, and weights.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
This position does not require certificates, licenses and/or registration.
The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems with several concrete variables in standard situations. Must be able to think quickly and perform a mental assessment of workplace hazards, take appropriate precautions, and choose appropriate PPE as dictated by need, regulation and labeling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, read, talk and/or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must understand and implement all related safety policies, procedures and programs for prevention and protection while performing job duties in various work environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ag Partners Cooperative Inc
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounting Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.