Job Corps' mission is to assist eligible youth to connect to the labor force by providing comprehensive and integrated academic, career technical, workforce preparation and independent living skills and support services leading to: Successful careers in in-demand industry sectors or occupations or the Armed Services that will result in economic self-sufficiency and opportunities for advancement; Enrollment in postsecondary education, including an apprenticeship program leading to long-term attachment to the labor force; and Responsible citizenship.
Summary of Duties:
Assists the Health and Wellness manager in planning, implementing, and evaluating an efficient Wellness Program consistent with the students' needs and Job Corps' goals and objectives.
Description of Duties:
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Wellness Program: Provides patient care, assessment, triage, and treatment. Provides input to the manager, physician, and mental health consultant for case management of students' health issues. Executes student orientation to Health Services. Assists the manager with Center-wide staff training requirements. Promotes and projects activities that support health and safety throughout the Center. Ensures delivery of quality services is provided to students and staff at all times. Assists students in developing their employability skills. Increases participation in health and wellness activities on-Center.
- Promotes a safe and secure environment. Complies with OSHA requirements. Assists manager with medication management including monthly inventory and ordering of stock medication/vaccines, the daily count and monitoring of controlled substances, and daily ordering and monitoring of students' prescriptions to ensure safety of mediations and vaccines. Maintains accurate records for ordering, storage, administration, and disposal of medication/vaccines. Assists in monitoring use, maintenance and disposal of supplies and equipment in Health Services. Ensures medical records are maintained and in compliance with DOL, Corporate and Center requirements and the Nurse Practice Act. Provides for on-call services to handle emergency care. Implements, directs and monitors infection control measures in Health Services and assists with monitoring Center-wide infection control. Complies with OSHA requirements. Provides written health standing orders for department and on procedures of health care.
- Performs other duties as requested by department manager/director: Participates with the Student Government Association's (SGA's) Health and Wellness Committee. Acts proactively, completes tasks in a timely and proficient manner, tracks and follows through on action items, exercises good judgment and problem-solving skills on manager's behalf, and other comparable duties.
- Enters information into the CIS and keeps necessary files and records: Enters information into CIS as required. Maintains accurate hard and electronic copy files as necessary to ensure department meets DOL, Corporate and Center expectations. Runs CIS reports to ensure information entered is accurate.
- Monitors budget, controls inventory and ensures the department areas are attractive, clean, safe and in good repair: Completes PRs and check requests to include budget management. Ensures that POs are received and filed initially, and that the items requested are received in a timely manner. Ensures that all equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition. Initiates work orders and ensure that repairs are completed in a timely manner. Ensures that work area, including manager's area and other assigned areas, are attractive, clean and safe at all times.
- Supports the CDSS initiatives: Develops and implements a productive Work-based Learning program to include the development of students' employability and social skills. Explores innovative ways to incorporate health and wellness into the students' academic, CTT and leisure time learning. Must be responsive to students' conduct, abilities, and needs.
Education and Experience
LPN license in State, at least 2 years of relevant experience, Associates degree preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Active, unrestricted license to practice in the state where the center is located, valid state driver's license;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen, sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, as well as use hands to finger, handle or feel, to taste and smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include; close, distance and peripheral vision.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of what employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.