Insurance Sales Agent
Aflac Blacksburg, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Aflac isn’t a conventional opportunity
We’re an unconventional company looking for unconventional people. If you’re outgoing, entrepreneurial, and motivated, it might be time to unleash your potential as an Aflac insurance agent.1 In return, you’ll gain the satisfaction of being in charge of your own success, from the hours you work to the income you earn.
Be an advisor to business owners
Aflac insurance agents work directly with business owners and HR representatives to plan supplemental insurance coverage and other value-added services for employees. It’s a key role with growth potential for you, backed by the power, resources, and trust of a well-known and reputable brand. And you’ll have the personal reward of helping to provide financial security and added peace of mind to clients when they experience a covered health event. Responsibilities include:
- Generating new business opportunities through company leads, networking, referrals, and calls.
- Conducting meetings with employers to customize programs that help meet their benefits needs.
- Engaging and enrolling interested employees in benefits plans.
- Having ongoing conversations with business owners about new benefits options, benefits trends, changes to the government’s health care laws, and more.
Be your own boss and reap the benefits of your hard work
As an insurance agent, you determine how much you want to make and go for it: With Aflac, you’re in charge. There are no ceilings to break through and no set hours. You decide how, when and where you work – whether from the local coffee shop, an outdoor café or the comfort of your home. It’s your trajectory on your terms. Advantages include:
- The opportunity to sell the No. 1 provider of individual voluntary insurance products at the worksite in the U.S.2
- Compensation equal to the effort you put in.
- The ability to make substantial first-year and residual commissions.
- A generous stock bonus plan and the opportunity to earn additional financial incentives, awards and trips.
- Flexibility to build your practice on your terms, while leveraging the power of established and recognized brand.
- Access to comprehensive, ongoing training in the classroom and the field, aided by proven educational materials and sales-automation technology.
- The personal satisfaction of knowing you are providing a service you can be proud of while making a positive impact with individuals and your community.
Join the Aflac sales team
When you join the Aflac sales team, you're joining a team of high-achieving individuals just like you. You’re also partnering with a company with a reputation for excellence:
- World’s Most Ethical Companies list – Ethisphere magazine included Aflac on its list for the 14th consecutive year in 2020.
- World’s Most Admired Companies list – FORTUNE magazine named Aflac to the list for the 19th year in 2020.
- Rated A+ for insurer financial strength by AM Best, Fitch and S&P.
- Aflac has donated more than $130 million toward pediatric cancer research.3
Give us a look – or a second one – to create your future, your way.
Ratings refer only to the overall financial status of Aflac and are not recommendations of specific policy provisions, rates, or practices.
1Benefits advisors are independent agents and are not Aflac employees.
2“Eastbridge Consulting Group, Inc. U.S. Worksite/Voluntary Sales Report. Carrier Results for 2018. Avon, CT: April 2019”
3Aflac Childhood Cancer Campaign, accessed 3/26/2020, https://www.aflacchildhoodcancer.org
Aflac's family of insurers includes Aflac and/or Aflac New York, and/or Continental American Insurance Company and/or Continental American Life Insurance Company.
Z190399R Exp. 4/21
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Aflac