We are looking for someone who is passionate about asking and answering questions utilizing large structured and unstructured data. As our first dedicated Data Analyst to join the team, you will play a vital role in helping us define and shape Data Analytics at Afia.
This team is dedicated to providing our behavioral health customers with data driven information that provides insight and value in their clinical, financial and operational performance. As a part of our team, you will be involved with high level resources and will create actionable results for our customers. Our vision is that every healthcare decision will be powered by data in order to drive personalized, comprehensive care.
The responsibilities of the Data Analyst start from the initial project planning and progress to the analysis, design, implementation, testing, release and maintenance of our customer projects.
An Afia Data Analyst will:
- Gather requirements and define plan for adoption
- Map and analyze data
- Create requirements and user documentation
- Design dashboards, and build proof of concept dashboards
- Conduct ETL and dashboard testing
- Work with the team and customers to troubleshoot any post-release issues
- Monitor adoption and track metric progress
- Handle multiple projects and timelines with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, information technology, computer science, statistics, mathematics, analytics, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work independently and exercise a high degree of independent judgment; demonstrated self-starter
- 2+ years working knowledge and experience with data, databases, reporting, or similar
- Experience with healthcare data
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- SQL experience
- Business Intelligence software experience
Experience working in an Agile Software Development environment
- Experience with Microsoft SSIS
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Sisense
- Experience with behavioral health data
Who we Are - We are a healthcare consulting firm based in Ann Arbor that works with organizations across the country to optimize healthcare delivery by deeply understanding their needs, implementing the best solutions to their problems, and checking whether they made a difference.
The Perks - We provide our employees with benefits including: medical coverage with employer paid deductible, dental benefits, 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution, paid vacation time, sick time, parental leave, adoption leave, and a flexible work atmosphere.