Affinity Resources has a Permanent Direct Hire W/ Benefits General Manager - Restaurant Operations with one of our partners in the Raleigh/Durham Area (Morrisville)
General Manager - Food & Beverage Operations
Location: Raleigh/Durham Area (Morrisville)
Experience Managing operations for a various restaurants in same or multiple locations and/or a districts
Oversees and coordinates the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Manages customer service standards & programs
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Employee Relations - hiring & terminations, establishing disciplinary policies, managing employee training & professional development particularly with leadership & managerial employees
- Maintain equipment programs - ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition, overseeing restaurant preventive maintenance programs
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Work well with union representatives (where applicable) to ensure open communication and avoid costly grievances.
- Ensure that the management team of the location knows and understands union contracts for compliance and avoidance of costly grievances.
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality, Communications, Management or related field preferred or strong relevant experience
- Food and Beverage management experience for portfolio of various restaurants, locations, and/or area/district
- Union negotiations experience a plus
- Excellent knowledge of a Profit and Loss Report.
- Knowledge and experience in employee relations issues including conflict in the workplace and investigations in partnership with the HR Department.