Regular Full Time
FL-Miami Plant, Miami, FL, US
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
$13.00 an hour
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
• Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
• Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards
• Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
• Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment. Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away, and load functions, as required.
• Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
• On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
• Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
• Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Certified forklift operator
• Ability to perform mathematical functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Ability to work flexible, extended hours and weekends as required
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.