- Expired: March 11, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pevco - Electrical Engineer
Company: Family owned for 3 generations, Pevco has been providing high-quality pneumatic tube delivery systems to hospitals since 1978. We understand the unique challenges of working with hospitals and our systems integrate seamlessly with other hospital systems to streamline workflow, improve accuracy and security, reduce errors, save money and empower clinicians to provide the best patient care. Everything we manufacture is built in Baltimore and our company culture is centered on teamwork, craftsmanship, and outstanding customer service. Today, we serve more than 800 hospitals in the U.S. and in several countries.
Job Description: Pevco seeks an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our industry leading organization. The successful candidate will work closely with a strong internal team to design, develop, and maintain electrical systems for Pevco's pneumatic tube delivery system. The ideal candidate will be passionate about driving customer-centric system solutions and will have excellent problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills.
Responsibilities: The candidate must:
- Learn the ins & outs of Pevco's systems and work with the electronic components to solve customer-specific requirements
- Evaluate, design, develop, test, and maintain embedded systems
- Lead the design of print circuit boards and accompanying firmware
- Support legacy Pevco systems, reviewing current systems and replacing/upgrading as needed
- Specify electronics, perform cost/benefit analyses, and collaborate with purchasing, manufacturing, and customer support departments to implement solutions
- Writing functional specifications and test procedures
- Play a leading role in new product development
- Work collaboratively with external suppliers and internal departments to manage customer deliverables and address technical questions/issues
- Support manufacturing, field technicians, and customers by troubleshooting and solving technical issues
Requirements: The candidate will:
- Hold a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline
- Have 10+ years of experience electrical engineering; manufacturing setting experience helpful
- Display strong skills in designing, developing, and testing electrical/electronic components
- Have experience with UL certifications, as well as design for EMC compliance
- Have the ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, strong decision making, superior written and verbal communication skills
- Be passionate about quality and have a keen eye for detail
- Have outstanding organization, planning, and problem-solving skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Be dedicated to the work with a willingness to think independently and have a "figure it out" mindset
- Thrive in a team environment and be a positive team player
- Have computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
No calls to Pevco, please.
Affinity HR Group, Inc.
Get fresh Electrical Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.