Key Account Specialist (Food Broker)
SUMMARY: The Affinity Group Key Account Specialist is responsible for planning and executing a customized sales strategy for their assigned operator accounts. This position is deeply knowledgeable in key account segment and builds and maintains close relationships with the Food Service Directors and the Chefs at all assigned operators. The Key Account Specialist is always available to their clients, contacting them on a regular basis, participating in local functions, cutting/demonstrating products, training and educating the key personnel and always working to better understand their product needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and develops a portfolio of priority and assigned accounts through in-person field and sales calls.
- Stays up-to-date and knowledgeable about the operators in their account segment and acts as a resource and solution provider for their customers.
- Fosters continuous development and growth of priority operator accounts.
- Assists with vendor fairs, distributor sales meetings, food shows and industry trade events.
- Ensures continuous client product knowledge and training.
- Manages sales sample order process.
- Troubleshoots and responds to product complaints.
- Maintains competitive pricing and new/discontinued item information.
- Attends and provides support at manufacturer/distributor training events.
- Works closely with the entire sales force and openly discusses go to market strategies, competitive reconnaissance, successes, and challenges.
- Understands each of the following for their strategic accounts: menu rotations, population and trends, desired cost structure in each segment of the menu, opportunities to penetrate or convert items, training and education of products, and multiple uses for products.
- Maintains an up to date profile folder of each customer; utilizes the CRM system weekly to report on sales call activity, updates and follow ups, in addition to customer profile management.
- Participates in visits to key strategic accounts and has a prepared itinerary a week in advance.
- Is able to cook food products and put menu combinations together to aid in the sale process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates or Bachelor’s college degree preferred
- Ability to execute and follow through a sales plan.
- A positive, professional, and proactive attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Adept at building trust and credibility
- Planning and organizational skills
- Works well with teams and has strong motivational skills
- Strong problem solving and strategic planning skills
- Using the CRM System daily
- Call Reporting in CRM System
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibilities:
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Reports to Territory Sales Director
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work may be performed in an Affinity Group office or warehouse environment.
- Periodically requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time at trade shows.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate demands of position (some weekends included)
- May require 10-20% overnight travel within territory. May require up to 80% weekly travel within territory.
The Affinity Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Affinity GroupBridgeville, DE
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.